I think I’m cured and I’ve had some form of PSSD since 2010.

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Oilers6

I think I’m cured and I’ve had some form of PSSD since 2010.

Unread post by Oilers6 »

We’ll I’ve lurked this forum for a long time. I used to lurk Paxil progress and surviving antidepressants too. I’ve never posted because I never really had a reason too. But to sum up my past I was prescribed Cymbalta first in 2010 and then when that wasn’t effective in treating anxiety/depression my doctor also prescribed me Paxil. I ended up getting numb emotions, low libido and basically just an anhedonia for life. I also tried a ton of different “remedies” in that time frame. Nothing really stuck around but Yohimbine and Adderall made my libido go up when I was using them but I couldn’t find anything that lasted for more than when I was on it.

I ended up getting COVID in December and after getting rid of it I was stuck with the worst anhedonia and low libido in my life. It was basically the worst crash I’ve had since I got PSSD. I remembered seeing someone post something about St. John’s wort on here and decided to give it a try. I just wanted some reprieve from the void of anhedonia. The day I took it I micro dosed some mushroom in the morning. I think it was probably 100mg in the morning and at night I took half of a capsule (I emptied half of it in my sink) of a 300 mg Life Brand St. John’s Wort. I went to bed and woke up and felt a little glow. Over the course of the day I felt a little happier and happier. That was on December 27th.

The difference in this then the windows I had were - the windows only lasted about 4-5 days. Also in my windows I felt emotions but they were super pronounced. It was like I can only feel sad and horny and the depression was severe. It’s like the meter went to far back the other way so to speak. This feeling is a little more normal. I actually have a really strong sex drive but feel completely satisfied when I’m finished with my girl. It feels fucking fantastic to be honest and I really hope this is my new normal. I don’t know if what I did is the answer but I know something in me has changed. I actually feel like I want to do something with my life and not just lay in bed all the time. It just feels like life is actually enjoyable.
Oilers6

Re: I think I’m cured and I’ve had some form of PSSD since 2010.

Unread post by Oilers6 »

Another thing I want to add. I’ve noticed that since I’ve been quote unquote “cured” I feel in general more. Like I’m noticing aches and pains that are more prominent then when I had PSSD. Is that normal?
cpwsu1241

Unread post by cpwsu1241 »

So was it microdosing and low-dose SJW?
Oilers6

Unread post by Oilers6 »

Seems like it. Hard to confirm anything but I think the SJW is what did the trick
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Great to hear. How long since youve been off meditations?
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
Kostakonkordia

Unread post by Kostakonkordia »

Congratulations!!! I have heard some people getting healed with sjw. Sjw and shrooms have some gut altering properties i think...
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

I think this gut hypothesis (not theory) needs to go. Everybody talking about it and no one really knows what's going

What the things that people have taken and have had results have in common is they have antidepressant properties, period. not that they affect the gut. Of course mood and gut seem to be linked but that's different.

It's getting annoying, being sold as the cure. If anything a conversion phenomenon hits more bases, why is it a lot of us feel less depressed than pre ssri, regardless of this non sense we're experiencing? and I'm not saying we shouldn't have been warned of such a link and possibility, cause it's a crime we weren't, but no one wants to accept something that may be linked to one's mind-body, because then is like trying to find a cure to depression itself and there may not be a cure for depression because it's human to get sad at times (and yes, I know depression would be more than sadness or feels like it, but still). How does one begins to feel better about one's life? a change of perspective I'd say.. numb dick and all, may be harder than ever.

Yes, by all means cure your gut but because it'll help cure your body and mind but not because "this is it", you may be in for disappointment. Just saying.
cpwsu1241

Unread post by cpwsu1241 »

How much did you microdose?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Oilers6 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:29 am Another thing I want to add. I’ve noticed that since I’ve been quote unquote “cured” I feel in general more. Like I’m noticing aches and pains that are more prominent then when I had PSSD. Is that normal?
I’ve 100% noticed that since my ssri injury I can’t feel pain in my body. I’m almost numb in that sense as well. So that sounds like a good sign to me
Oilers6

Unread post by Oilers6 »

cpwsu1241 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:24 pm How much did you microdose?
I did 75mg.