Gavia intro: F, 29,looking for hope

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Gavia

Gavia intro: F, 29,looking for hope

Unread post by Gavia »

Hello. I would like to tell my story.

I'm a female, 29 years old. Escitalopram, which I took for 6 days caused my symptoms.

At first I noticed the genital numbness and total loss of libido. Like a switch had activated from the first pill I took. From then on I noticed other symptoms, which are the following:

- insomnia (sleep does not restore me, and it's hard to fall asleep, I don't feel tired)
- emotional blunting, I don't feel love or joy. Everything is bland. This for me is the worst symptom of all. Colours have been taken from my life. I don't feel love for the people close to me
- I don't enjoy any media, music, shows, books because I get no emotional reaction from them
- loss of taste and smell. I don't crave food, I don't get satisfied from eating it. Eating feels like a chore I have to do.
- feeling of thirst has also been diminished
- no relieved feeling from exercise
- physical numbing. When someone hugs me, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling. Also my bed does not feel cozy anymore
- I get these weird sensations when I'm in the sauna, for some reason my head and chest feel cold though they should be warm
- feeling of pressure in my head
-no reaction to alcohol, I don't feel euphoric or actually anything from drinking it.

It has not been that long since I stopped my medication, only two weeks. I'm still in early stages so of course I cannot know how things will go and this is probably too soon to post here.

In any case, my mental state and fear due to the severity of my symptoms has caused me to write here. Mainly because I don't feel like myself anymore. I used to be a highly emotional person, who could cry from looking at a puppy.

I'm looking for some reassuring words, anything that would help. Or coping mechanisms from people who also have the total emotional numbing.

Thank you.
Last edited by Gavia on Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdraham

Re: F, 29, looking for hope

Unread post by cdraham »

Maybe check for lyme disease and Co-infections, SIBO
temp2021

Re: F, 29, looking for hope

Unread post by temp2021 »

Maybe I will write a longer post about this. I have been experimenting with multiple things. I made very good progress using ginkgo Biloba. I take 120 mg x 3 everyday. It took 2 weeks before I noticed a big change. My brain fog is almost gone. Libido is high, emotional numbness gone. Still struggling for n other areas but overall very good results. Also, consider Damiana. It is good for libido especially for women. Things will get better! Look at the success stories to get some hope:) none of your symptoms is irreversible. Just be patient!

Gavia wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:05 pm Hello. I would like to tell my story.

I'm a female, 29 years old. Escitalopram, which I took for 6 days caused my symptoms.

At first I noticed the genital numbness and total loss of libido. Like a switch had activated from the first pill I took. From then on I noticed other symptoms, which are the following:

- insomnia (sleep does not restore me, and it's hard to fall asleep, I don't feel tired)
- emotional blunting, I don't feel love or joy. Everything is bland. This for me is the worst symptom of all. Colours have been taken from my life. I don't feel love for the people close to me
- I don't enjoy any media, music, shows, books because I get no emotional reaction from them
- loss of taste and smell. I don't crave food, I don't get satisfied from eating it. Eating feels like a chore I have to do.
- feeling of thirst has also been diminished
- no relieved feeling from exercise
- physical numbing. When someone hugs me, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling. Also my bed does not feel cozy anymore
- I get these weird sensations when I'm in the sauna, for some reason my head and chest feel cold though they should be warm
- feeling of pressure in my head
-no reaction to alcohol, I don't feel euphoric or actually anything from drinking it.

It has not been that long since I stopped my medication, only two weeks. I'm still in early stages so of course I cannot know how things will go and this is probably too soon to post here.

In any case, my mental state and fear due to the severity of my symptoms has caused me to write here. Mainly because I don't feel like myself anymore. I used to be a highly emotional person, who could cry from looking at a puppy.

I'm looking for some reassuring words, anything that would help. Or coping mechanisms from people who also have the total emotional numbing.

Thank you.
Gavia

Re: Gavia intro: F, 29,looking for hope

Unread post by Gavia »

I'll just update my symptoms here as I've just deteriorated during these months:

-loss of collagen
-loss of muscle
-wrinkly skin

I look different from what I used to and it's really taking a toll on me on top of all these other symptoms as well.
nicopickle

Unread post by nicopickle »

i have the exact same symptoms as you. i’ve been experimenting recently and was able to trigger some of these symptoms to resolve. however they only resolved temporarily. i reinstated the drugs that caused the issues. the only time that this recovery lasted for more than an hour is when i did very low dose FMT. but i also low dosed accutane, one of the drugs that caused my issues. i was able to feel pain in my ankle that i was numb to, and this pain was very intense. for an hour after dosing, this pain would fluctuate between super intense, then it felt like ice was flowing through my veins, very soothing, then it would fade for 10 minutes and repeat. during this one hour period i was able to feel empathy for the first time in two years. whatever happened at the one hour mark put my body back into this state of pssd. and the low doses stopped working. i now know that there is a mechanism in my body that is “on guard” and i can only dose every two weeks or so. at this point i’m currently waiting two weeks until i can dose again
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

I have a lot of the same symptoms as you. Three months off Remeron which caused it. Did not know what is was, so have stupidly taken supplements and benzo/zopiclone to treat what i thought was only anxiety and akathisa.

I have complete blank mind and no emotions. Its really hard, because as you, i used to be so emotional and daydream all the time. I Feel dead now. I also have the head pressure. It gets worse when trying to think really.

Sadly i have only gotten worse.

How are you now?
Gavia

Unread post by Gavia »

Sofa wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:36 am I have a lot of the same symptoms as you. Three months off Remeron which caused it. Did not know what is was, so have stupidly taken supplements and benzo/zopiclone to treat what i thought was only anxiety and akathisa.

I have complete blank mind and no emotions. Its really hard, because as you, i used to be so emotional and daydream all the time. I Feel dead now. I also have the head pressure. It gets worse when trying to think really.

How are you now?

Hi,

Sorry to hear you've gotten worse. I've gotten worse too, I have muscle wastage and aches. Also premature aging and wrinkly skin.

I'm really tired of this condition.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

Gavia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm
Sofa wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:36 am I have a lot of the same symptoms as you. Three months off Remeron which caused it. Did not know what is was, so have stupidly taken supplements and benzo/zopiclone to treat what i thought was only anxiety and akathisa.

How are you now?

Hi,

Sorry to hear you've gotten worse. I've gotten worse too, I have muscle wastage and aches. Also premature aging and wrinkly skin.

Have you not seen any improvement?
Gavia

Unread post by Gavia »

Sofa wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:59 am
Gavia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm

How are you now?

Hi,

Have you not seen any improvement?

I have not.
disabledbydrug

Unread post by disabledbydrug »

What are your symptoms like now?