Can someone help me link this to PSSD?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
kleenexbox

Can someone help me link this to PSSD?

Unread post by kleenexbox »

I see that a lot speculate that PSSD, PFS, etc. are all similar conditions with different causes.

A few years ago I decided to take steroids, Testosterone mainly at high doses for months on end for bodybuilding purposes (I had a good shot at a BB career.) I used underground lab aromatase inhibitors and SERMs. (Tamoxifen and Exemestane, god knows what I actually took) Combined with excessive partying, drinking and smoking weed I suffered a massive panic attack (while very high). This was all during one year halfway through undergrad. Following this event a wave of numbness came over me, physically, sexually, and emotionally. My visual perception of the world became numbed, I've seen this described here but I struggle to put it in words. I became robotic and could no longer feel any emotion - good or bad. Penile shrinkage, genital numbness, etc. No desire for sex, looking at women no longer had a response in my brain. All of this was overnight. DP/DR attacks every week. Then, a few months later like an idiot, took (tested) LSD, had a bad trip and it finally put me at rock bottom. It seems like weed or any psychedelic drug always worsened me.

I thought this was because of my steroid use, which I stopped and I took the proper post-cycle measures to restore natural hormones. Over 3 months I regained great natural testosterone levels again, as well as the other proper hormones like Estradiol, prolactin, etc. Everything on paper showed a proper recovery. Except my symptoms never went. In fact, it's now been close to four years with mild improvement to my state. I continue to get bloodwork that comes back excellent.

Now, I've never taken an SSRI or a 5ARI, but there is an eerie resemblance with my symptoms and what is described here. In fact, it's quite literally identical. When I read how some people see the world in a flat perception, I start to believe we're suffering from highly similar conditions. I theorize that some massive stress, whether chronic or within a period of time, is able to trigger this condition in susceptible people. Maybe us suffering from PFS, PSSD, etc. were all susceptible to this condition to begin with and these drugs tipped us over. Let's not forget, there are people who take these drugs and end up fine.

To conclude, for my first attempt at treating this condition I will be trialling Ze 117 St. Johns Wort after reading about it. Supposedly unlike other SJW, this one has higher Hypericin content and is supposed to be more dopaminergic than serotonin-reuptake inhibiting. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... 2/ptr.2921 This study shows a DA:5HT ratio of 7:1, which is wildly different than what's seen in the other standards of SJW.

IF anyone has any comments or ideas, please feel free to share anything at this point. I am hopeful for recovery even if it's already been four years. I'm in my early 20s and would like to think I can enjoy things again at some point.
kleenexbox

Re: Can someone help me link this to PSSD?

Unread post by kleenexbox »

I forgot to mention, I can't visualize things in my head anymore or dream.