An Excellent Explaination of How SSRI's Inhibit Sert

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Tree

Re: An Excellent Explaination of How SSRI's Inhibit Sert

Unread post by Tree »

pssdperson wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:20 am
Tree wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:23 am Pssd suffers from France should try to contact the author. She seems to be knowledgeable of how ssri's affect the serotonin transporter. It would be interesting to know if she has any updated information, aware of pssd, and opinions on it.

https://t3s-1124.biomedicale.parisdesca ... ne-baudry/
Has anyone tried contacting her? I’m not from France but I could email her
I doubt it. Please do, I'd be curious if she would reply back and her thoughts on pssd
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Maxin wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:47 pm
Tree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:45 pm
Answers wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:55 am The question is how do you increase WNT signalling and suppress mir-16?
Exactly, Simvastatin increases sert via wnt signalling independent of cholesterol lowering effects. It makes me very eager to try. We all need to research and find wnt activators.
I tried it last year. The reason being it’s cured a few people from cfs by accident. I noticed some really amazing reversal of things for the first few days but then made me worse. Got scared and stopped
I tried it for a couple of days but it made symptoms worse too. I did further research and it seems to raise serotonin in the hippocampus. Maybe if I could tolerate taking it for longer periods I'd notice a difference but unfortunately I can't. I'm looking for alternatives right now lithium or valproic acid looks intriguing. Both Inhibit gsk3b expression and vpa was shown in a study to upregulate sert.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Tree wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:53 am
Maxin wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:47 pm
Tree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Exactly, Simvastatin increases sert via wnt signalling independent of cholesterol lowering effects. It makes me very eager to try. We all need to research and find wnt activators.
I tried it last year. The reason being it’s cured a few people from cfs by accident. I noticed some really amazing reversal of things for the first few days but then made me worse. Got scared and stopped
I tried it for a couple of days but it made symptoms worse too. I did further research and it seems to raise serotonin in the hippocampus. Maybe if I could tolerate taking it for longer periods I'd notice a difference but unfortunately I can't. I'm looking for alternatives right now lithium or valproic acid looks intriguing. Both Inhibit gsk3b expression and vpa was shown in a study to upregulate sert.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25304496/
pssdperson

Unread post by pssdperson »

Tree wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:46 am
Tree wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:23 am Pssd suffers from France should try to contact the author. She seems to be knowledgeable of how ssri's affect the serotonin transporter. It would be interesting to know if she has any updated information, aware of pssd, and opinions on it.

https://t3s-1124.biomedicale.parisdesca ... ne-baudry/
I doubt it. Please do, I'd be curious if she would reply back and her thoughts on pssd
Not sure if she'll reply but I'll message her anyway,

just formulated the email and I'll do my best to translate it to french, I was wondering if you think my mail is okay? I'm not the best at explaining this

"Dear Dr. Anne Baudry,

I write to you since I read your research on SSRIs and how alterations to micoRNA-16 are involved in the mechanisms by which SSRIs inhibit the serotonin transporter(SERT).

These findings are important to me, given that I’m currently researching about a condition called Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, in which SSRI induced sexual dysfunction persists indefinitely after the drug is stopped. It’s hypothesized that the mechanism by which these effects persist after the cessation of treatment is via epigenetic alterations that cause inhibition of SERT and thus desensitizing 5HT1A receptors and other 5HT receptors involved in sexual function, as well as downstream effects in the dopaminergic system.

Currently there’s very little research on the mechanisms that cause Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, and given your expertise and research, I was wondering if you were willing to share whether you have any knowledge or ideas about the potential mechanisms driving this condition.

In case you are able to share, I’ll be very interested to hear your ideas, thank you so much in advance,

Best regards,"
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Thanks for the write up I think it's perfect. Please let me know if you receive a reply.
ytho

Unread post by ytho »

Hey there. Sorry to step in here @Tree but I think in this topic you were talking about how we are basically missing SERT. I just stumbled across yet another prescription drug that claims to increase SERT density. It’s called Tianeptine. Did you hear about that or think it could work for PSSD?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

pssdperson wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:39 pm
Tree wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:46 am

Not sure if she'll reply but I'll message her anyway,

just formulated the email and I'll do my best to translate it to french, I was wondering if you think my mail is okay? I'm not the best at explaining this

"Dear Dr. Anne Baudry,

I write to you since I read your research on SSRIs and how alterations to micoRNA-16 are involved in the mechanisms by which SSRIs inhibit the serotonin transporter(SERT).

These findings are important to me, given that I’m currently researching about a condition called Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, in which SSRI induced sexual dysfunction persists indefinitely after the drug is stopped. It’s hypothesized that the mechanism by which these effects persist after the cessation of treatment is via epigenetic alterations that cause inhibition of SERT and thus desensitizing 5HT1A receptors and other 5HT receptors involved in sexual function, as well as downstream effects in the dopaminergic system.

Currently there’s very little research on the mechanisms that cause Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, and given your expertise and research, I was wondering if you were willing to share whether you have any knowledge or ideas about the potential mechanisms driving this condition.

In case you are able to share, I’ll be very interested to hear your ideas, thank you so much in advance,

Best regards,"
Did you ever get a response?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

ytho wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:18 am Hey there. Sorry to step in here @Tree but I think in this topic you were talking about how we are basically missing SERT. I just stumbled across yet another prescription drug that claims to increase SERT density. It’s called Tianeptine. Did you hear about that or think it could work for PSSD?
I heard about it but was told it didn't actually upregulate sert expression. I never researched it though. It's an opioid, and I've crashed from opioids in the past.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Hdac1 can decrease sert transcription through dna methylation. Has anyone been successful in attaining symptom relief by taking hdac inhibitors? Hydralazine, valproic acid, sodium butyrate, lithium, green tea extract are some hdac inhibitors.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

fluvoxamine increases Akt-phosphorylation through sigma1-receptors [180,181], while sertraline decreases it [182].

Sertraline inhibition of Akt leads to more gsk3b expression which causes less canonical wnt activation and decrease sert expression through changes in microrna. It probably explains why some ssris cause worse symptoms than others.

Sertraline is the drug that gave me terrible pssd so sigma 1 agonism might provide some relief. I'll be trialing dhea, it's a sigma 1 agonist. I'm starting to connect the dots.

"Fluoxetine increases miR-16 levels in raphe by antagonizing canonical Wnt signaling"