PSSD proven to be autoimmun related!?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Brain food

Re: PSSD proven to be autoimmun related!?

Unread post by Brain food »

Can depression cause lasting changes in immune cells?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... mune-cells

“The scientists discovered that immune system cellsTrusted Source known as monocytes, lymphocytes, and neutrophils were most deformable in patients with a persistent depressive disorder over their lifetime than in control subjects.”

“The scientists discovered that immune system cellsTrusted Source known as monocytes, lymphocytes, and neutrophils were most deformable in patients with a persistent depressive disorder over their lifetime than in control subjects.”

“ It is unclear whether the increase in immune cell deformability that occurs with PDD confers over-or under-activity of the immune system, both states being bad for health outcomes.

Medical News Today spoke to Dr. Jean Kim, a clinical assistant professor of psychiatry at George Washington University, about the study’s findings.

“[The results] postulate that blood cell deformability is a marker of altered immune cell states, although it seems somewhat unclear and variable in which direction (higher or lower) it correlates with immune hyperactivity versus hypoactivity from what they described,” she said.

“Stress hormones like glucocorticoids are thought to increase some white blood cells and indicate inflammation when the [hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal] axis is activated during anxiety or depression,” she added.”
Last edited by Brain food on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

I did not suffer from depression but chronic back pain. That’s what I got cymbalta for!
Brain food

flexstar13 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:20 pm I did not suffer from depression but chronic back pain. That’s what I got cymbalta for!
It’s possible that a lot of these psychiatric studies are finding long-term effects of antidepressants and not underlying depression. The researchers are biased, since the goal of their studies is to prove that mental illness has a biological component, not to prove that the medications that psychiatry profession has been promoting for the longest time are harmful. I’ll try to find out if the study controlled for this by only examining depressed patients who never took medication for depression.
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

flexstar13 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:20 pm I did not suffer from depression but chronic back pain. That’s what I got cymbalta for!
Reached out to u on Reddit.
Brain food

I looked into the study cited in the article that I posted earlier and it appears that the researchers did take take into account psychiatric drug usage and it didn’t seem to effect the immune cells that the study examined.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41398-022-01911-3

Psychopharmaceutical treatment was not associated with changes in cell deformability of erythrocytes (t(137) = −0.776, p = 0.439), monocytes (t(137) = −0.463, p = 0.644), neutrophils (t(137) = −0.603, p = 0.243), lymphocytes (t(137) = −0.096, p = 0.924), granulo-monocytes (t(137) = 1.138, p = 0.257), and thrombocytes (t(137) = −0.333, p = 0.3695). Subject questionnaire information on drug intake was used to create five groups according to medication: No medication (n = 75), psychopharmaceutical medication (n = 5), antihypertensive drugs (n = 16), thyroid dysfunction medication (n = 17), others (n = 4), and participants regularly taking in a combination of the preceding categories (n = 10). Univariate ANOVA showed no association between medication intake groups and cell deformability of erythrocytes (F(5, 137) = 1.112, p = 0.352), monocytes (F(5, 137) = 0.915, p = 0.474), neutrophils (F(5, 137) = 0.774, p = 0.570), lymphocytes (F(5, 137) = 1.051, p = 0.391), granulo-monocytes (F(5, 137) = 0.904, p = 0.481), or thrombocytes (F(5, 137) = 1.075, p = 0.377).
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Results back today....normal.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

More test results: G protein antibodies: negative
Coolbeans

Unread post by Coolbeans »

Just joining in to say that I have often wondered about PSSD being linked to inflammation. I was a high level athlete when I came off cymbalta. Since that point my body really struggled with inflammation, training sessions that I had previously done without issues would leave me feeling so inflamed the next day that I felt like I had a cold and my whole body was hot and under pressure and only ibuprofen would help to calm it down. I could not longer train like I previously did and the inability to handle inflammation basically ended my sporting career.

I have also hardly gotten sick in the last 8 years, like my immune system is working over time.
BlackCat

Unread post by BlackCat »

Well, I know I have an overreactive immune system alongside having pssd