Safe anthistamines for PSSD? I would appreciate your experiences..

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Gonzo

Safe anthistamines for PSSD? I would appreciate your experiences..

Unread post by Gonzo »

I've been researching anthistamines as I need more options for a severe chronic condiron. I'm suffering heavily because of this conditon, which is making my life completely miserable, a lot of nights I can't even sleep, but I'm very scared to crash again I'm currently taking Claritin ocassiionally but it stops working pretty fast only after 1 week of daily use, so I need more alternatives to switch. After having a massive crash with chlorphenamine, I've realized that I have to be very careful with this type of medications., that's why your experiences with anthistamines would be very useful and very much appreciated. The information I've been able to find about the anthistamines I've been suggested and prescribed is pretty vague.

Desloratadine : 5ht2a antagonist and 5ht7a agonist. Could it be beneficial but dangerous at the same time?

Xyxal: there's a case report of serotonin syndrome, but can't acces the full article, so I can't read the details. I can't find more information about his action on serotonin either:
"A 57-year-old woman developed serotonin syndrome during treatment with levocetirizine for hives. The woman, who had a history of hypothyroidism, ..."
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 21-88982-5

Zyrtec : "Cetirizine has 600-fold or greater selectivity for the H1 receptor over a wide variety of other sites, including muscarinic acetylcholine, serotonin, dopamine, and α-adrenergic receptors, among many others"

Btw:

Chlorphenamine : it is an SSRI - crashed me hard.

Benadryl: it's basically an SSRI too

Cyproheptadine: serotonin blocker, I've tried a couple of small doses in the past, and didn't notice anything positive or negative. I want to experiment again with this one.
climb

Re: Safe anthistamines for PSSD? I would appreciate your experiences..

Unread post by climb »

Hey Gonzo

How about loratadine?

It's used for allergies but has also been used as an adjunct to reduce ssri side effects. It can also increase the effectiveness of sildenafil (there are threads mentioning this elsewhere on the forum - I've tried it and it increased effectiveness for me.)

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... inhibitors
Gonzo

Re: Safe anthistamines for PSSD? I would appreciate your experiences..

Unread post by Gonzo »

climb wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:40 am Hey Gonzo

How about loratadine?

It's used for allergies but has also been used as an adjunct to reduce ssri side effects. It can also increase the effectiveness of sildenafil (there are threads mentioning this elsewhere on the forum - I've tried it and it increased effectiveness for me.)

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... inhibitors
HI! Yes, Claritin is what I use as I said! Actually I was the one who reported that benefit im erection many years ago in the forum!
The problem is, I hit tolerance with the anthistamine effect pretty fast so I need more alternatives.