I appear to be immune to exogenous androgens.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
lepardglass

I appear to be immune to exogenous androgens.

Unread post by lepardglass »

Is this something that has been observed in PSSD affected people?
Not only do they have no effect whatsoever on sex drive, but also on other typical effect of steroids such as improved strength, endurance, recovery, etc.

I have tried:
---Testosterone gel (up to 200mg/day dosage for a week)
No effect whatsoever on sex drive or anything else.

I thought there might have been a chance that i had a fake product, even though it looked very legit, so i decided to order injectable Testosterone from a reliable steroid vendor along with needed equipment.

---Testosterone Propionate (injections)
Did this twice a week for a month. 200mg. No effect on sex drive whatsoever, no effect on muscle strength or recovery. I could tell i was on "something" as i would get a little hot and uncomfortable sometimes but nothing major. At the 3rd week it did make my nipples puffy though.

I thought maybe Testosterone is not hitting the right androgen receptors given that T is more of an anabolic than a purely sex hormone like DHT. So i tried some Proviron, a DHT analog which is notorious for its masculinizing effects such as sex drive increase.

---Proviron 100mg (for 3 days)
Again, no effect whatsoever on sex drive, not even a tiny bit of increase or noticeable change.

Even if i didn't try to actually megadose, these were fairly high dosages that I am told should have definitely have at least somewhat of a noticeable effect, but NOTHING whatsoever in all cases. I am at a loss , what is going on here? Are our AR receptors just fried from SSRIs somehow?
DeepRacer

Re: I appear to be immune to exogenous androgens.

Unread post by DeepRacer »

Taking testosterone for a month and proviron for three days is not going to produce any results even for people without PSSD. You need to try for at least three months with the testosterone if you’re taking 200mg/week before saying that it had no effect on sex drive, muscular endurance and strength, etc. Probably about a month with proviron if you’re taking it every day. You’re being way too impatient by stating you saw no effect from androgens after taking testosterone for a month lol Having said that it seems like PFS people don’t see as good of results from androgens anymore so definitely could be the case for PSSD victims too
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

DeepRacer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:12 pm Taking testosterone for a month and proviron for three days is not going to produce any results even for people without PSSD. You need to try for at least three months with the testosterone if you’re taking 200mg/week before saying that it had no effect on sex drive, muscular endurance and strength, etc. Probably about a month with proviron if you’re taking it every day.
Everyone i've talked to who has taken them says the effect was felt within a couple of days, most of the time within a few hours on first day. I think it's a bit of a myth that it takes months. It may be true that it takes months for everything to normalize and your levels to fall back into maintenance range but not for getting the acute effects.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

lepardglass wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:59 pm Is this something that has been observed in PSSD affected people?
Not only do they have no effect whatsoever on sex drive, but also on other typical effect of steroids such as improved strength, endurance, recovery, etc.

I have tried:
---Testosterone gel (up to 200mg/day dosage for a week)
No effect whatsoever on sex drive or anything else.

I thought there might have been a chance that i had a fake product, even though it looked very legit, so i decided to order injectable Testosterone from a reliable steroid vendor along with needed equipment.

---Testosterone Propionate (injections)
Did this twice a week for a month. 200mg. No effect on sex drive whatsoever, no effect on muscle strength or recovery. I could tell i was on "something" as i would get a little hot and uncomfortable sometimes but nothing major. At the 3rd week it did make my nipples puffy though.

I thought maybe Testosterone is not hitting the right androgen receptors given that T is more of an anabolic than a purely sex hormone like DHT. So i tried some Proviron, a DHT analog which is notorious for its masculinizing effects such as sex drive increase.

---Proviron 100mg (for 3 days)
Again, no effect whatsoever on sex drive, not even a tiny bit of increase or noticeable change.

Even if i didn't try to actually megadose, these were fairly high dosages that I am told should have definitely have at least somewhat of a noticeable effect, but NOTHING whatsoever in all cases. I am at a loss , what is going on here? Are our AR receptors just fried from SSRIs somehow?
Same thing for me. No effect on muscle gain whatsoever. and I've been in supraphysiological territory aswell.
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

I remember a bit from my neuro graduate courses. Testosterone has ionotropic (immediate) and metabotropic (long term) actions. I would think short term there would be some benefit to extractions but you would probably need 6-8 weeks for the metabotropic actions to kick in (downstream activities regarding gene expression changes).

If you still have some I would trial it properly, or move on to the next experiment.
DeepRacer

Unread post by DeepRacer »

lepardglass wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:43 pm
DeepRacer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:12 pm Taking testosterone for a month and proviron for three days is not going to produce any results even for people without PSSD. You need to try for at least three months with the testosterone if you’re taking 200mg/week before saying that it had no effect on sex drive, muscular endurance and strength, etc. Probably about a month with proviron if you’re taking it every day.
Everyone i've talked to who has taken them says the effect was felt within a couple of days, most of the time within a few hours on first day. I think it's a bit of a myth that it takes months. It may be true that it takes months for everything to normalize and your levels to fall back into maintenance range but not for getting the acute effects.
Idk who you’re talking to but all my friends that are into bodybuilding have said that it takes a couple months for a long acting ester to really kick in. In my own experience with TRT and HCG I didn’t see real results until three months in. Something like trenbolone acetate is so strong and fast acting that you’ll feel it in the first week.
Joao Paulo Brasil

Unread post by Joao Paulo Brasil »

I took 400mg of testosterone cypionate a week for 8 weeks, and also took 50mg of proviron a day. I had no effect on my libido. I felt an improvement in strength and mood.
Escitalopram and venlafaxine (7 months)
With PSSD FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

If sex hormone receptors in the brain are silenced, you can boost androgens but there wont be much more activity at the receptor. androgen and estrogen signal in the brain stays low. the only chance we have is demethylation regimens or gene therapy at this point