Roller coasters and falling: pleasure or suffering?

Polls.

Do roller coasters, falling, and other high acceleration, give you pleasure, suffering, or neither?

pleasure
25%
suffering
50%
neither
25%

Total votes: 4
WeAreTheDead

Roller coasters and falling: pleasure or suffering?

Unread post by WeAreTheDead »

It has already been established that people who are on or near the autism spectrum
are more vulnerable to getting PSSD, and, if afflicted by it, are less likely to be cured from it.

I theorize that the suffering reaction that is caused by high acceleration is an autism-associated trait,
that is present not only in autism-spectrum people, but also in para-aspergic people and
anyone else who is even remotely near the autism spectrum.

I therefore theorize that people who have the suffering reaction to high acceleration,
of which I myself am one, are more vulnerable to getting PSSD,
and that that will therefore show-up in the poll results.
SRIs are not "anti-depressants"; they are anti-sexualants.
Numby

Re: Roller coasters and falling: pleasure or suffering?

Unread post by Numby »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:51 pm It has already been established that people who are on or near the autism spectrum
are more vulnerable to getting PSSD, and, if afflicted by it, are less likely to be cured from.
Where does that information come from? I’ve never seen any evidence that would support this claim.
WeAreTheDead

Unread post by WeAreTheDead »

Numby wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 am Where does that information come from? I’ve never seen any evidence that would support this claim.
I'm surprised that a non-newbie person on this forum- and especially one who uses this polls subforum,
wouldn't know that yet, being as it's right here in the second page of poll threads.
SRIs are not "anti-depressants"; they are anti-sexualants.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:51 pm It has already been established that people who are on or near the autism spectrum
are more vulnerable to getting PSSD, and, if afflicted by it, are less likely to be cured from it.

I theorize that the suffering reaction that is caused by high acceleration is an autism-associated trait,
that is present not only in autism-spectrum people, but also in para-aspergic people and
anyone else who is even remotely near the autism spectrum.

I therefore theorize that people who have the suffering reaction to high acceleration,
of which I myself am one, are more vulnerable to getting PSSD,
and that that will therefore show-up in the poll results.
It probably has to do with the serotonin transporter there's a correlation between the two
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:38 am
Numby wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 am Where does that information come from? I’ve never seen any evidence that would support this claim.
I'm surprised that a non-newbie person on this forum- and especially one who uses this polls subforum,
wouldn't know that yet, being as it's right here in the second page of poll threads.
Well, and I’m surprised that this claim is based on a poll. If I rely on polls from Reddit and this forum, I can basically “prove” everything. If someone says on a poll, they’re on the autism spectrum, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are.

I’m not saying that I rule out that there is a high percentage of people on the autism spectrum that suffer from PSSD, but making this assumption based on a poll is bold.