UK PSSD legal action

Topics related to activism.
sylv

Re: UK PSSD legal action

Unread post by sylv »

jaiho wrote:Electrostimulation is actually very different to ECT.
They uses very low constant currents to assist in the firing of neurons. There's also magnetic stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and DBS.
For testing any of these techniques you need the ROI ( region of interest ). How do you want to find this without research on animal model or without the solid knowledge base regarding the issue to make an educated speculations ? The mainstream does not recognize the SSRI induced persistent symptoms right know - so how do you want to make it happen ?

Regarding ECT there was a debate to rename it to more user friendly, scientific sounding term and electrostimulation therapy was proposed. I read this a year ago
Blur

Re: UK PSSD legal action

Unread post by Blur »

The UK has a history of cheap quick fixes and this is just another case.
I think it rang alarm bells with a number of people from the start this CBT and Antidepressants seemed like a cheap cop-out but anyone who questioned it was basically told to shut up and there mentally ill and can't be taken seriously - I personally see this as a type of abuse.

I Also feel a number of these so called professionals in positions of trust are not properly trained and/or just like we are finding out about the Police force are in the job only for the wrong reasons.
All in all there is a list of failures and yes legal action does need to be taken but as is common with the UK government we are going to have a fight on our hands!

I do feel at the very least they should offer some kind of treatment such as testosterone treat to reverse the effects but like I say this is the UK government and they are going to be less than helpful and we are going to have to fight!

We know after the Panorama TV program that was aired last night that we're not crazy and our concerns were real and now it's time to get justice