Back to where it came from?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Formant

Back to where it came from?

Unread post by Formant »

Hi there,

I was prescribed Prozac for seasonal depression. A very low dose of 10mg worked well for me. This dose slightly delayed orgasm, which I found to be a positive effect. After 4 months, I began to taper off the medication. That's when erection problems and loss of libido began, along with some genital numbness. The latter has disappeared, but the ED and loss of libido remain. Maca has helped little. My general practitioner doesn't believe in Post-SSRI ED and thinks that a masked depression could be the cause. He recommended Wellbutrin, but I am wary of the side effects.
Are there any experiences with resuming the SSRI, Prozac in this case?
As I mentioned earlier, while I was taking Prozac, I had no issues (except much increased sensitivity to alcohol).
tonyareias

Re: Back to where it came from?

Unread post by tonyareias »

Return to drug can help, also with a low / micro dosing. You can find some positive experiences in this forum.
prop

Re: Back to where it came from?

Unread post by prop »

If you do some searching, you can find several people who got PSSD from Wellbutrin.

Some people saw improvement from going back on their SSRI, but there's probably way more people who got worse doing that.

If your problems are only sexual, I would recommend continuing exploring the least risky treatment options, like maca and other supplements, before moving onto more dangerous drugs.

Just make sure to research everything first, even herbs, because there are many that can give you PSSD too. Lion's Mane gave Ryan Russo PSSD, for example.
Archive of PSSD recovery stories: https://pssd.netlify.app/