PSSD recovery while on another medication?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
justprocess1

PSSD recovery while on another medication?

Unread post by justprocess1 »

So I would have considered myself a success/recovery story for about 10 years. Then life got in the way and my Bipolar depression got to a point where I couldn't' even work. It was a real Sophies choice to get back onto medication. I got on Zyrpexa and delayed ejaculation, lowered libido and the like set in. But with my girlfriend things were good. We still had really good sex, and like even during the worst of my PSSD I still had good orgasms.

I got greedy in trying to fix my depression and got on Lamictal back in early February. Well 10 pills of that and I now have total numbness. It's been that way since. However I have had a few windows of 2 days here or there were the sensitivity comes back like 50%. I also have an occasional reactive libido where my libido comes back through the roof, and I have great passionate sex where the feeling comes back, and I can climax from PIV sex. These windows give me hope that the switch isn't blown up, it's just jammed in the wrong direction.

So my question is this:

If you are ON a medication, and then add one that causes you PSSD, can you recover while even being on meds? In other words, if you subtract the one that caused you the real problems, can your body recover. Or does being on another medication get in the way?

I don't have much of a choice as I need meds to function, the reason I ask is that my original PSSD recovery was natural and without any medication. I wasn't on meds. I took Benzo's here and there, and smoked a lot of weed. None of that ever made me crash. Are there examples of recovery here where people are still on mental health meds? Obviously the POST in PSSD means after meds, but I mostly mean if there was an offending medication, is it possible to recovery after removing the offending med, but staying on others.

:?