Serotonin and Antidepressant SSRIs Inhibit Rat Neuroendocrine Dopamine Neurons: Parallel Actions in

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Luis Fernando Lopez

Re: Serotonin and Antidepressant SSRIs Inhibit Rat Neuroendocrine Dopamine Neurons: Parallel Actions

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

@Ghost
Could this explain my blunted emotions, it mentions TIDA neurons, the inhibition of 'em, and they're in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus and the hypothalamus is located below the thalamus and is part of the limbic system and the limbric system supports a variety of functions including emotion, behavior, motivation, long-term memory, and olfaction.
Juvo

Re: Serotonin and Antidepressant SSRIs Inhibit Rat Neuroendocrine Dopamine Neurons: Parallel Actions

Unread post by Juvo »

Nice find. I have all of those symptoms except maybe olfactory. I think my sense of smell is still normal.
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

I've often compared the sexual side effects and libido loss associated with PSSD to a continuous refractory period, which is mediated by prolactin.

I have had prolactin measured and it came came back well within range. Anyone else?
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

Juvo wrote:I've often compared the sexual side effects and libido loss associated with PSSD to a continuous refractory period, which is mediated by prolactin.

I have had prolactin measured and it came came back well within range. Anyone else?
You might want to look at this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?te ... d=18173768
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

Luis Fernando Lopez wrote:
Juvo wrote:I've often compared the sexual side effects and libido loss associated with PSSD to a continuous refractory period, which is mediated by prolactin.

You might want to look at this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?te ... d=18173768
Oh yeah. This is the paper that started it all.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Interesting, this has come out since I wrote my 2015 paper using Dr. Dremencov's 2009 article:
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

My prolactin is normal which I didn't expect; I expected it to be high. That being said, my testosterone is extremely low so I wonder if it prolactin is still not a issue. The two usually counter each other. So if the testosterone is low but prolactin normal.... would that be the same effect as prolactin being high; basically a teeter-totter effect.