I don´t think I can make it

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
celexahell

Re: I don´t think I can make it

Unread post by celexahell »

mcmare wrote:
For fucks sake, there is more in life than just fucking.

I really hate this line of non-logic. It's condescending. Sex and sexuality are HUGE parts of life and an overall sense of well-being and meaning. In the end, everything is about sex. PSSD severely fucks up your life. I'd know. I've been suffering with this bullshit for nearly 3 years now. While I've seen improvements, I'm a shadow of my former self. But I keep fighting because I love cycling, I love nature, and I love my family and friends too much to end things.
siebs1122

Unread post by siebs1122 »

We've all been there man, you're not alone in this. I would highly recommend seeing a clinical psychologist or at least having someone in your life that you can talk to, such as your mom. It can make a huge difference.
apachuri

Unread post by apachuri »

Please know you are not alone. We are all going through this. We all remember the good times before we took our drug. I just went through my 4th year of pssd and I will be going on my 5th. I haven't given up hope. We're all in this together. That's why we can't ever close this forum down.
Lusitanic

Unread post by Lusitanic »

Continue to try everything..even the AD route...maybe it will make something.
Angrydude00

Unread post by Angrydude00 »

We've all gone through that mode of thinking and this is going to sound really stupid like I'm really reaching here. But there is one really great thing that I've gained from all of the terrible shit my life has handed me. I used to be so much more self centered and vein. I always try to find happiness from making other people feel good now because I realized that living with yourself as the "center" so to speak is bullshit. I'm not saying that we're not losing quality of life because of this because I would be blowing smoke up your ass, but still. When something fucks up your life, you can always, and I do mean always, find SOMETHING positive in it.
My dad died a few years ago when I was 28, I believe. I was living upstairs from my dad and one day I came downstairs and found him dead of a massive heart attack which no one expected. A little while before that, I was dating a nice girl who very suddenly just changed her mind about me and disappeared from my life. You and I are not so different and I think you can find it in yourself to carry on as I have. You have the support of people a lot like you right here, my friend!
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

^Agreed 100%

I'm never going to downplay PSSD, but life can throw all kinds of curveballs.

I know a kid who has a heart condition, and his heart has stopped 3 times already and each time he's come closer to death. That's hard.

Another kid I know got paralyzed a few years ago. He will never have sex again.

Then I know people who are young and have died of cancer/ car accident etc...

Life is hard. Life is painful. I know that PSSD is up there on the list of awful things, but I do think that there is hope for a lot of people with PSSD. Hope is what keeps me going at least.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
theloneranger86

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

I agree with Ghost. There is hope

Let us get it together guys and continue to fight it out
PLZNO

Unread post by PLZNO »

Damn it's so good to know I'm not alone
It makes me laugh sometimes no joke
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
Serabies

Unread post by Serabies »

You're not alone, I know how you feel.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more useful to add than that. Hold on to the ones you love, because that a big part of what makes life worth living.

I have no friends, no loving family, a mystery chronic illness, and now PSSD/anhedonia. In honesty, the only reason I'm still here is because I'm too scared to commit suicide. Don't let yourself end up like me and you'll be ok. Good luck.