New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Tenyears27

Re: A year ago today my life was ruined

Unread post by Tenyears27 »

6'3" 205 pounds
ethanmatthews

Unread post by ethanmatthews »

its weird that such a big guy would respond so quickly and so well on a low dose.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

Oh my....come on now....let's calm down. No need to be sexist either. I'd like this to remain female-friendly.
celexahell

Unread post by celexahell »

It's now been three fucking years since I took this garbage.

Things have improved somewhat. But I'm barely what I used to be. Libido only exists once I get going, it seems. That's the most annoying part.

My balls are still pretty much numb. There's more sensation in the penis, but not like before. Cumming feels pretty good, but not like before.

I guess I've made some improvements. It's still the worst mistake I've ever made in my fucking life though.

I take L-citrulline/L-arginine, fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium, CDP-choline. I go to the gym. I've improved my diet. Everything else doesn't work. All herbal products are bullshit. Also, you'd be a fucking fool to take additional pysch meds to fix a problem a psych med caused.
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Inositol seems to help a lot of people. I really think it's the most promising of all the supplements for PSSD. Most of the time when I hear a recovery story that sounds identical to my situation, Inositol is what did it.
celexahell

tried Inositol. didn't get much out of it. maybe I will try again. what was your regimen? and how much have you recovered?
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

I have been off of SSRIs for about 13-14 months. I take Choline 500mgs twice a day. Bacopa 250mgs twice a day and 18 mgs of inositol a day at night. I've recovered MAYBE about 10-15%. It's so hard to tell if it's gotten better at all, really. I've also never experienced "windows". Celexahell, how long have you been off meds? Have you gotten any better?
celexahell

3 years.

I only took Citalopram HBr for essentially a week back in 2014. It fucked my brain up badly.

As far as improvements go, my cognitive ability has improved and anhedonia has improved to a considerable degree.

Sexual function is still damaged but it did improve. Sensitivity and libido are fucked up, but, erections are almost as good as they used to be (maybe 70%. definitely not exactly as good). Orgasm feels almost as good (again, maybe 70%).

I dunno. You can improve from this bullshit, but, I don't know if I/we will ever be back to fully NORMAL again.

Whatever you do, don't listen to some of the advice here recommending more drugs. The brain should be able to recover on its own. Don't fuck it up further.
forexworld12

Unread post by forexworld12 »

celexahell wrote:It's now been three fucking years since I took this garbage.

Also, you'd be a fucking fool to take additional pysch meds to fix a problem a psych med caused.
its been 3 years for me too celexa and i am just 22

Herbal supplements are not designed in such a way to counteract drug induced dysfunction. sometimes meds are the only way! lets hope for the best
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

I won't take any kind of medication until I know for sure that it'll help reverse PSSD. Unfortunately, we are just stuck here waiting for information.