why does not everybody get pssd ? - cali_man OP

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Moloch

why does not everybody get pssd ? - cali_man OP

Unread post by Moloch »

cali_man on Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am
why only some people get the real serious pssd ? and others have no problem at all ?

friend of mine takes aripiprazole high dose and he does not have pssd, or any issues at all. I talked with him in detail and he does not have any sexual issues at all.

i know aripiprazole is dopamine antagonist and papsd / not the real pssd. but not everyone gets pssd from the ssri's .. and any theories , anyone on why?
Moloch

Re: why does not everybody get pssd ? - cali_man OP

Unread post by Moloch »

HeyItsMePSSD on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:52 am

Mike23 wrote:why only some people get the real serious pssd ? and others have no problem at all ?

friend of mine takes aripiprazole high dose and he does not have pssd, or any issues at all. I talked with him in detail and he does not have any sexual issues at all.

i know aripiprazole is dopamine antagonist and papsd / not the real pssd. but not everyone gets pssd from the ssri's .. and any theories , anyone on why?

The brain is very complex and most of the theories on how it works are just educated guesses. Whatever is happening is very complex but also keep in mind medicines affect people differently, even natural supplements. Individual reaction depends on your body/brain chemistry.
iggy131313

Unread post by iggy131313 »

I would wager that MOST (not all) people who get PSSD have been exposed to the drug or another drug like it before...kindling....if a person stopped and restarted a drug enough times, they would get pssd or have what happened to me happen
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

iggy131313 wrote:I would wager that MOST (not all) people who get PSSD have been exposed to the drug or another drug like it before...kindling....if a person stopped and restarted a drug enough times, they would get pssd or have what happened to me happen
I would disagree. There are many people who start their first SSRI, and that's it
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)