Compared to previous SSRI use, how do you feel listening to music?

Polls.

Compared to previous SSRI use, how do you feel listening to music?

It's much better
3%
It's a bit better
3%
It's the same as always
15%
It's a bit worse (by worse I mean less emotional)
32%
I can't feel anything
47%

Total votes: 34
sadKeanu

Re: Compared to previous SSRI use, how do you feel listening to music?

Unread post by sadKeanu »

Last edited by sadKeanu on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSSD Lexapro 2016-Present
PLZNO

Unread post by PLZNO »

So.. I'm not the only one who felt this
The music became less addictive
I can still enjoy it
But less addictive
I don't know It's pssd related though
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

As i wrote in the other thread... But people don't seem to take it seriously...
Fucked opioid system is the cause for this..
DoIt wrote:Many of us also report no enjoyment in music, so here's a study that shows how music uses the same reward pathways as sexual pleasure among others. When they blocked μ-opioid receptors with NTX, people couldn't enjoy music as before.

Therefore we can conclude that μ-opioid receptors play a major role in expiriencing pleasure.

Anhedonia to music and mu-opioids: Evidence from the administration of naltrexone
We conclude that endogenous opioids are critical to experiencing both positive and negative emotions in music, and that music uses the same reward pathways as food, drug and sexual pleasure.
Our primary hypothesis was based on the previous literature which illustrated the role of endogenous opioids in mediating food, drug, and sex pleasure25,26,35,37,49,50; we predicted that blocking μ-opioid receptors with NTX would cause decreased physiological reactions to music for both positive and negative emotions. This was confirmed for both pleasurable and neutral music, compared to placebo, through EMG recordings of two different facial muscles (Fig. 1), supporting the NTX-induced anhedonia hypothesis.
We have shown here that the opioid system is responsible for mediating the elicitations of both positive (pleasurable) and negative (sadness) emotional responses to music.
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep41952#results
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Yes even on Rxisk there is a mention that some people have at least short term benefits from LDN....
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

DoIt but could these receptors be responsible for a more general anhedonia too? Seeing as a considerable number of us have anhedonia isn't it more likely that whatever is causing that anhedonia is responsible for any music-anhedonia
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

raven100 wrote:DoIt but could these receptors be responsible for a more general anhedonia too? Seeing as a considerable number of us have anhedonia isn't it more likely that whatever is causing that anhedonia is responsible for any music-anhedonia
Yes, they are resposible for anhedonia in general, see:
We conclude that endogenous opioids are critical to experiencing both positive and negative emotions in music, and that music uses the same reward pathways as food, drug and sexual pleasure.
And anhedonia is the core symptom of PSSD, no pleasure equals no libido, no arousal, no enjoyment.