Compared to previous SSRI use, how do you feel listening to music?

Polls.

It's much better
3%
It's a bit better
3%
It's the same as always
15%
It's a bit worse (by worse I mean less emotional)
32%
I can't feel anything
47%

Total votes: 34
raskolnikov

Unread post by raskolnikov »

Some people here mentioned they have noticed changes when listening to music after SSRI use, so I decided to open this poll.
DoIt

Re: Compared to previous SSRI use, how do you feel listening to music?

Unread post by DoIt »

This is one of the things that really iritates me, I simply don't enjoy it anymore and I used to listen to music really often.

There are times where I can listen to a song or two but anything more becomes boring very fast.
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

I was an amateur musician before PSSD. I could get high from music WHENEVER I wanted. Every day, every year. But since PSSD I nearly feel nothing. Especially no adrenaline.
People who weren't much interested in music before PSSD won't notice a difference probably. Although I feel nearly nothing compared to the time before PSSD, I am sure that I still feel more than some people who are not passionate about music.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

Music sounds like nothing when my Anhedonia is unmedicated.
The pleasure of it returns when im on a good combination, such as NSI-189 + Moclobemide
or SSRI + TCA, or an MAOI.

Unfortunately haven't found anything non pharmaceutical besides NSI-189 that can get Anhedonia reduced, besides Meditation perhaps.
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

I used to be obsessed by music and felt it really intense. With ssri and now with pssd is like there's no emotional response, now its about 10% of what i had before. After loosing sex and not being able to fall in love, music is the most important regret i have from PSSD. I really need all those things back!! I like to think it will be hilarious when we recover all those feelings, and we will!! Everyone check Coraggio list of hormones and do the test!! We are near, i can feel-it!!
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

This is interesting to me. When I first got PSSD I became really depressed over my situation, and my appreciation for all forms of art increased becuase they were so expressive and my depressive state saw the entire world differently for the first time. This went against the common idea of "when you're depressed, you lose interest". For me, being depressed was the abundance of feeling and interest. Everything was amplified except for my sexuality.

I'm also a very musical person, and listen to hours each day. During the days after PSSD I wrote poetry, songs, and took pictures that were better than anything I'd done before.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Shadow

Unread post by Shadow »

Ghost, I would give anything to be able to have a normal range of emotions again. To be able to feel music would be a dream. I would come to peace with my broken libido and express myself in other ways. Emotions are with makes us human. Hopefully this nightmare is drawing closer to an end.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

I've never loved music. Before pssd I also never LOVED sex. Don't get me wrong, I could enjoy it and actually feel SOMETHING which I can't now. But those two things make me wonder if I just naturally had generally low serotonin levels. This whole thing has made me think so much about the people I know and bits of their personality that match up - people who love sex, nusic and are positive and anbitious, and the people who don't have/like any of those things. So much to understand
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Yeah for me it's lost all its magic. Sometimes I can listen to something a bit funkier and get a slight high but anything subtle has completely lost its flavour
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

If you want to get your enjoyment of music back, try NSI-189.
Ive been posting about it for some time over on longecity. Others report the same, music gives goosebumps & emotional sensations after dosing for a month.
It's a compound that targets the hippocampus directly, no effects on serotonin. no side effects.
It's currently in phase 2 trials for depression. Its tested safe in humans, and can be purchased from various labs. PM me if you want a source.