Avoidance

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Kk88

Avoidance

Unread post by Kk88 »

I think it's safe to say that most/none of us knew about pssd when we took ssri's. As such we just blindly took them. A friend of mine was recently prescribed citalopram and of course I told him my story and begged him not to take them. After some research he decided that if he take them with a variety of supplements (focusing on dopanine and serotonin theorise) that his risk would be minimised. He did so and didn't find any side effects. Of course he may just have been one of the lucky ones anyway, but do you think there's anything in this as a theory of avoiding pssd by taking certain sups while taking ssris?

This comes to mind while I'm carefully considering the low dose ssri approach. Of course this may be different for us as we're already suffering, so keen to hear opinions about how/whether it could help both cases
Juvo

Re: Avoidance

Unread post by Juvo »

I think we would need a better understanding of what causes PSSD in order say "this or that" protects from it occurring. Just my opinion. With that said, there are anecdotal reports of ginko biloba preventing 5ht1a from desensitizing (again, this is if this is a culprit). I have also heard wellbutrin as an adjunct with the SSRI is said to "protect" from PSSD as well.