PSSD and serotonin syndrome.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Chuck83

PSSD and serotonin syndrome.

Unread post by Chuck83 »

Hi to all, IM Chuck, IM 33 years old guy from Italy, Probably someone remembers me because I was on the old board, I have degree in Biology And I understand some things about neuroscience.
My story begins around 2001, the first years of university for depression and anxiety, I have been put on a very serototinergic drug amitriptaline for at least 4 months, for some months in 2002 I put also on Dopaminergic drugs Amisulpride and seroquel, for around 5 months, I do not remember any particular side effects, and after stopped the drugs have been good for about 10 years, and for about 10 years I did not take drugs.
In 2013 after a period of depression the doctor told me to take 10 drops of citalopram, I took only 7drops and I had an extreme adverse reaction, with 20 diarrhea in one afternoon, the pupils of my eyes had become Like marbles, I had convulsions, akathasia, my legs could not stop, and I could not make speeches well, I think it was all symptoms of a serotonin syndrome, and I developed PSSD, With the symptoms we all know as ED, decreased sensitivity, and delayed ejaculation.
After a month of adverse reaction, a stupid neurologist put me on a tryptophan and magnesium supplements, seeing that I was getting worse I stopped after 9 days cold turkey.
I decided to contact an endocrinologist, and I tried dostinex because I had high prolactin, And I had improvements in pssd, better sensitivity, and better orgasm , I used dostinex for around 3 months.
I had a decent period of more than two years, Up to a year ago, when I started to suffer from bleeding hemorrhoids, and strong rectal bleeding, I had a colonoscopy that showed hemorrhoids of second degree, I have tried the various treatments aviable in my country pomade with cortisone, bioflavonoid supplements, but they did not have any effect.
So I stupidly taken from the irrationality, and because of the fear of surgery for hemorrhoids, I decided to contact a unicist homeopath (the worst mistake of my life).
I know in this great board discussion about homeopathy and pseudoscience are banned, but please I need to tell my story and seek help.
This unicist homeopath, put me for my hemorrhoid problem, for a month on acidic nitricum 30ch, 4 or 6 granules a day, every now and then I stopped this acute phase remedy, and took two granules of acelius hippocastanum, For a month the bleeding of hemorrhoids had improved, in fact completely stopped.
Then he let me go to acidum nitricum 200ch, another 6 granules a day for another month, and here I was restarted bleeding and problems, I had intrusive thoughts and did not feel well, after a month I stopped cold turkey.
He then told me to go to Nux Vomica 30ch, but for 20 days I did not take it because I had read that he was a deadly poison,
But the hemorrhoids bleeding had begun, so convinced by him about the safety of this remedy 12 days ago I took only two granules, I have another adverse reactions simil to 7 drops of citalopram, with 18 discharge of diarrhea, tremor, convulsion, akatisia, I could not make speeches well, confusion, muscle tension and headach, All the symptoms of another serotonin syndrome.
Now after 18 days, persiste intermittent diarrhea with phase of constipation, and these muscular tensions in the temples, Ribs, jaws and paranasal sinuses and headaches, I have never suffered from headaches in my life, will it ever pass?
Now I'm trying to avoid bananas and chicken and food that increases serotonin transduction, But 3 days ago I drank a cup of coffee, and I had another serotonin syndrome with 16 discharge of diarrhea, tears and eyes flashing rapidly, increased corneal temperature, confusion, headache and muscle tension.
I had 3 serotonin syndromes, of which two in a very short time span, Now I seek some advice, How can I overcome this terrible headache, with muscular tensions on my temples, jaws, and paranasal sinuses? I never suffered from headaches in my life is terrible, I can not study, I can not work, I can not go to the gym, with this headache and muscular tensions.
Another case of serotonyn sindrome with nux vomica are reported:

http://factmed.com/report-NUX%20VOMICA% ... NDROME.php

It seems that the nux vomice is neurotoxic, acting on GABA receptors by inhibiting acitelcolin.
For my family doctor I am particularly sensitive to homeopathic remedies, and I never have to take one again, which I will do now I hate this pseudoscience with huge and strong risks and side effects, The theory of the simil that cures the simil is totally wrong, and for him for my headach and muscle tensions, I need to visit a neurologist, any advice?

And thx for the attention

Sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by Chuck83 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bigmum

Re: PSSD and Nux Vomica serotonin syndrome.

Unread post by Bigmum »

Hi Chuck i saw you story on SA
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

Maybe try BCAA . I am trying that it helps a little bit with reducing serotonin,
I am also experiencing similiar symptoms but less severity

Regards
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Chuck83

Unread post by Chuck83 »

Thx Bigmum and hs1312. I use BCAA in the last years is helpful to Reduce fatigue during my gym wk out, I did not know they could help to reduce serotonin level, maybe I can retry it.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

I have heard that Kudzu root also helps in reducing serotonin.
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Chuck83

Unread post by Chuck83 »

Yestarday Headache and muscle tension go much better, I could study and work a bit, this morning I eat one kiwi and return a little headache and some muscle tension, I probably suffer from a chronic serotonin syndrome? Although when I take in the past a nootropic supplement, not specifically linked to serotonin transmission, I happen to go to diarrhea even 20 times in a day, And normally I am constipated.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

So PSSD largely went away, and now has come back?
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Chuck83

Unread post by Chuck83 »

Not properly Ghost, I had some improvements over the months in sensation, orgasm and erection, I used dostinex and HCG injections(for one month), I had a PSSD baseline that allows me to work sexually, now ED seems to get worse. For a year, start strong rectal bleeding began due to constantly inflammatory hemorrhoids, I'm a bodybuilder and I've lost a lot of weight and I have difficulty to training. Around 3,5 years ago I started a new course of study after I passed admission test at a MD school in my city. The last year I started to attend hospital departments, and I had Mantoux test, tubercoline skin test, and after some 8 months start my strong rectal bleedhing, the stupid homeopath i contact for hemorrhoids and bleeding problems, He tried to convince me that this was the reason why my rectal bleeding had started, which was totally unfounded.
Now is 2 weeks after the adverse reactions to nux vomica, headache is passed,The first night was so strong that I could not even sleep, I never had headache before, but there remains an weird muscular tension on the jaws, Moreover, it also seems that my jaw does not creak me anymore for a muscle tension, And I seem to yawn less, I have this strange weird sesation. I read nux vomica contains two deadly poinson strychnine and brucine, 2 are neurotoxic and can create lot of damage in a central nervous system, especially in a Gaba and acitelcolyne receptors, I don't understand I have serotonine syndrome or strychnine intoxication.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Oh you're training to become a doctor too? That's exciting. You should talk to Coraggio because he is an Italian medical student as well.

That makes more sense. I'm sorry to hear this. I have to admit that these drugs that the homeopath gave you are not ones that I am knowledgable with.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Chuck83

Unread post by Chuck83 »

Yes Ghost I training to become a doctor like Coraggio and I talk with him several times. The drugs I gave homeopath are practically unknown to the general public, and they have no studies and trials behind them, I've found only annotated things on homeopathy forums, and people who report adverse reactions like me.
Today muscle tension seems to be going better, also erection is pretty good for my baseline. But it seems I will not tolerate some foods, I used to eat regularly, now after some foods, i have headache and A strange metallic flavor in the mouth, I feel like intoxicated. My doctor prescribed CPK blood test, To understand these muscular tensions, And I'll do it on Monday. Today I will try to go back to the gym and start a light workout.
Last edited by Chuck83 on Thu May 11, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.