strange phenonemon / 5HT theory?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Timm Thaler

strange phenonemon / 5HT theory?

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Until recently I was depression-free since I stoped taking Prozak five years ago and developing PSSD. Most of the time I didn't feel good, with PSSD and all the other problems I have, but it was not depression (and I know, what depression feels like).
For the last couple of weeks however depression hit me really, really badly again. Like all the bodily symptoms and all. I was sure, that I wouldn't survive without taking an AD again.
But for 3 days now, with no apparent reason, I feel a lot better mood-wise and body symptoms-wise. From how my life goes at the moment, I shouldn't feel better, the situation I am in has not improved at all, rather gone a little worse.

My explanation is, that through the depression, the abundance of serotonin in my brain caused by PSSD has been reduced to a more normal level, thus making me feel more normal.
Does that make any sense?
Glitch

Re: strange phenonemon / 5HT theory?

Unread post by Glitch »

I don't think it's that easy. You're just shooting in the dark. I don't think about theories all that much. I would trust Ghost or Coraggio's theories more than anyone's because they have some understanding of the brain and how SSRIs manipulate it.
Timm Thaler

Re: strange phenonemon / 5HT theory?

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

I totally agree, I was actually wondering, if (a) this phenonemon supports their theories in any way and (b) also if anybody else here has observed a similar phenonemon themselves or if it is only me. I just try to make sense of it all.