Crushed - Introduction

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Crushed

Been Lurking, here I am.

Unread post by Crushed »

Hello all,

I have been lurking a year and a half. I will tell you my full story at some point but it's pretty similar to a lot of others on here. My issue was social anxiety and panic attacks. I tried Zoloft at 21 and it just delayed ejaculation, and I eventually stopped using it and things returned to normal. At 28 I was having issues with panic again and told my GP, who gave me Citalopram. I didn't realize it was in the same drug class as Zolof...he gave it to me right after telling him I had a bad experience on Zoloft.

I LOVED it when I was taking it. I would have done a commercial for it. I didn't have delayed ejaculation...nothing. I had a great sex drive still and enjoyed my life a lot and had no anxiety. After ten months of taking 10mg a day I did as my doctor directed and just stopped taking it. After about a week I entered utter hell, I was shaking and had massive headaches and my sex drive and genital sensation disappeared over the course of a few weeks. I also had hot flashes and my nipples were really sore as this all went down, something I think points to hormone dis regulation.

I have been to Mayo clinic. They did and ultrasound of my testicles and ran a few tests but most of the doctors were dismissive and even rude to me. A female urologist was at least understanding and spoke to me about it at length.

I'm still going through hell at this point but some things have improved over the course of time. I have tried a few things off and on but there is no one thing I can point to that helped. At first along with the numbness, I had almost immediate premature ejaculation. That has subsided a lot but I still am left with no real libido, soft glans, and a numb crotch and an anhedonic brain. I also have terrible digestion, chronic fatigue, and all the other goodies. I cannot get a buzz from alcohol or get high anymore. I can't feel love for my fiver year old little daughter whom is otherwise my world. I was a very emotional person before all of this. I delighted in simple pleasures and loved poetry and art. Now...ever experience is the same but I am still glad to be alive. I'm here to help. I could eloquently tell you all how much this hurts and talk about my rage and suffering but you already know what that's like.

Lets fix this. I'm here to contribute.
hs1312

Re: Been Lurking, here I am.

Unread post by hs1312 »

welcome to the forum.
What have you tried and how much has it improved?
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Yeah, man. Get used to doctors thinking you're fucking crazy. Glad you took the next step and joined the forum!
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Sounds remarkably similar to mine. Withdrawal then ejaculating alongside the numbness before just left with the numbness. Check my pssdblog. Are you interested in doing an interview? I can change your voice and name identity etc.

Regards
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I like your attitude.

Thanks for signing up and I'm glad you are on the forum.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

Don't destroy me for suggesting this but..
If you loved being on the SSRI, and you're feeling crappy off it, why not go back on it?

I hate SSRIs (as much as people here may think otherwise) i guess im just devils advocate :P
raven100

Crushed - Introduction

Unread post by raven100 »

Moved post to Introductions forum
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature