Mianserin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Ghost

Re: Mianserin, never seen this before

Unread post by Ghost »

DoIt wrote:I'm taking zinc picolate that's maybe why I've seen some improvement? :/
I'm taking 30mg of zinc daily,, should I up it?
Don't up it past 30-50! You can cause Copper Deficiency at a high dose.

I'd stick at 30mg. It also increases free testosterone by some 70% or so.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
iggy131313

Unread post by iggy131313 »

Doit...heres a test for you

try stopping the zinc..you should feel a tremendous if transient improvement when you do so

based on this theory

zinc being an antagonist of 5ht1a should cause upregulation, therefore if you stop it you then free up the blocked receptors alongside the newly grown ones (grown in compensation to the antagonist) this should give you a good feeling of improvemnt until the brain readapts and downregulates a little

the key is to cause enough upreg

this way we will know if it the testosterone boost or the 5ht1a antagonist properties that are causing the improvement...by these results

1 - stopping the zinc makes you worse....this would point to the testerone boosting being whats making you better...as your no longer getting this effect off the drug

2 - stopping the zinc makes you better....as explained above, more 5ht1a

3 - stopping zinc makes no difference.....well thats that then
Last edited by iggy131313 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
iggy131313

ghost, surely adding copper would be helpfu if soeone wanted to up their zinc intake...copper deficiency can cause atrial fibrilation so not to be sniffed at, but if there is a way of preotecting against that?
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

When I look at it now it might be something to it. The day before yesterday i forgot to take it and i yesterday i felt pretty good, but i took it yesterday before sleep and i feel like shit today. Maybe a there is really something there. I've got like 3-4 pills left, i'll drink them and then stop and we'll see
iggy131313

yep sounds right..and sounds like its the 5ht1a antagonism at work here
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

This study just ripped an enormous hole in my theory of antagonist resensitization:

Desensitization of 5-HT
1A
Autoreceptors by a
Low Chronic Fluoxetine Dose
Effect of the Concurrent Administration
of WAY-100635
Ildefonso Hervás, Ph.D., M. Teresa Vilaró, Ph.D., Luz Romero, Ph.D., M. Cecilia Scorza, M.D.,
Guadalupe Mengod, Ph.D., and Francesc Artigas, Ph.D.

"In keeping with the above functional studies, the
prolonged treatment with WAY-100635 alone or in
combination with fluoxetine did not up-regulate the
density of 5-HT1A receptors and its encoding mRNA."

"This observation, although puzzling, is indicative that
WAY-100635 does not up-regulate or sensitize 5-HT1A
autoreceptors in vitro."

:? :x :cry: :(

And the search continues...
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

I have so much questions and read so much information but my braing fog and apathy confuses me and it's hard to stay concentrated. However we have 2 points here:
1.WAY was administred for 14 days and maybe this is not enough to cause adaptive reactions of receptors. We need 4-6 weeks to desensitize and maybe more to resensitize.
2.WAY is an antagonist at both sides pre and post synaptic, we don't know on which side we need.

There is something interesting.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15127086
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

iull1k wrote:I have so much questions and read so much information but my braing fog and apathy confuses me and it's hard to stay concentrated. However we have 2 points here:
1.WAY was administred for 14 days and maybe this is not enough to cause adaptive reactions of receptors. We need 4-6 weeks to desensitize and maybe more to resensitize.
2.WAY is an antagonist at both sides pre and post synaptic, we don't know on which side we need.

There is something interesting.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15127086
Yea that's so true. It's only one study for 14 days talking about 1 substance. It's also only for the 5HT1A receptor. Still, it's not a good sign for the antagonist theory we have.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

I still can't find a resonable explication or even theory why SSRI cessation will cause PSSD? I know at least 10 persons for wich PSSD started during tapering or after cessation. It does not make sense if we talk about 5ht1a desensitization. If we simplify things 5ht1a receptor is desensitized at all patients. Right? Right. We remove SSRI and 5HT should decrease, then receptors are less activated and they sould resensitize back. But something goes wrong. So why the fuck cessation of SSRI would cause full blown PSSD symptoms only for us?
ethanmatthews

Higher Dose Mianserin

Unread post by ethanmatthews »

I guy on depressionforums, rdza, said he got his libido back and 50% improvement of genital numbness on mianserin 60mg. He used 30mg for 2 months but didnt help. So it doubled it to 60mg and got great improvements. This is now a second case of mianserin helping PSSD symptoms (I dont think he had PSSD though). For those of you who have tried mianserin 30mg and didnt get a result try it at 60 mg, but first start out on 30mg and then increase. This probably has to do with height/weight and different metabolisms. Different bodies, different doses. Its worth a shot!
http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/ ... ntry987441

I've just started taking 30mg mianserin. I'm 5'7 120lbs. it really helps with sleep, at least in the beginning. I had a dream which is rare for me. The reason I'm taking mianserin is because flibanserin gave me a brief window of happiness and an orgasm but had to taper off because of side effects. Mianserin is a strong 5-ht2a/2c antogonist and indirect agonist of 5-ht1a (flibanserin is a 5-ht1a agonst and weak 5-ht2a/2c antagonist).

I bought the mianserin from goldpharma. Does anyone know a cheaper site?