Mianserin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Moloch

Re: Cured by Mianserin, who are the followers ? - Louis_Syfer OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:11 am

SingleCell wrote:
I wonder what SSRI you guys took and how long, before the PSSD? Catalunya?, North? Louis?

Another question?

"Description: Lerivon (Mianserin) is a tetracyclic antidepressant that is similar to the tricyclic anti-depressants (TCAs)."

I thought Area-1255 said it's impossible to gain sexual function back from an Anti-Depressant, how does a Tetacyclic Anti-D, benefit reversing PSSD?

Thanks.

Exactly. You can't unless it was caused by depression.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

north4 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:17 am

SingleCell wrote:
I wonder what SSRI you guys took and how long, before the PSSD? Catalunya?, North? Louis?

Another question?

"Description: Lerivon (Mianserin) is a tetracyclic antidepressant that is similar to the tricyclic anti-depressants (TCAs)."

I thought Area-1255 said it's impossible to gain sexual function back from an Anti-Depressant, how does a Tetacyclic Anti-D, benefit reversing PSSD?

Thanks.

watch out the studys at page three... louis describes it too... today i call my psy. i got pssd after one pill 20mg, citalopram.

http://pssd.forumotion.com/t778p30-mianserin-30-mg
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Louis_Syfer on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:12 am

Seroplex destroyed me. Everything is explained here :

http://pssd.forumotion.com/t778-mianserin-30-mg

Catalunya, maybe you didn't take enough Miaserin. You should try again.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

catalunya on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:42 am

Louis_Syfer wrote:
Seroplex destroyed me. Everything is explained here :

http://pssd.forumotion.com/t778-mianserin-30-mg

Catalunya, maybe you didn't take enough Miaserin. You should try again.

no, i've realized that i fare much better on a number of fronts -- sexual, social, emotional -- when i don't take antidepressant greatly affecting the sertonergic system in some way. i also realize, though, that this isn't the case for all and because of this, my experiences can't be blanketed over everyone out there who is taking or may take said sorts of drugs for whatever reasons.

also, the ssri that caused the damage was paroxetine -- fluvoxamine followed after an ssri break for a short while, although it didn't make the situation any worse than it already was. i seem to be on the milder end of the pssd spectrum if i were to try to quantify the severity, though.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Area-1255 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Sonny wrote:
SingleCell wrote:

Another question?

Thanks.

Exactly. You can't unless it was caused by depression.

Most anti-depressants do worsen sexual function, even in people who have no history of low libido, EVEN IN PEOPLE WHO HAVE VERY HIGH LIBIDOS , naturally, mianserin and mirtazapine, as well as trazodone, wellbutrin and tianeptine may have positive effects - but there is no guarantee in this strategy itself - they are theoretical treatments - but again, without taking into consideration the WHOLE PICTURE, one can not assume the efficacy of a single drug treatment....

BTW, Sonny, I am not quoting you to contradict you I'm just expanding on your notion - and actually since the other quote is above as well.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Area-1255 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm

catalunya wrote:
i took mianserin at varying doses for varying amounts of time before i read your post, unfortunately however, it didn't do much for me other than put me to sleep. same with mirtazapine, although mirtazapine put me into the worst mood ever -- kappa agonism, i'd surmise.

Mianserin was found to be a kappa-opioid agonist - which is sure to make PSSD and mood worse. There are almost zero positive effects of opioids at that receptor.....most of the opioid system's benefits come from nociceptin and u-opioid receptors....but all of them except nociceptin have negative side-effects depending on the level of agonism and concentration of the ligand in question.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

catalunya on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:32 am

Area-1255 wrote:
catalunya wrote:
i took mianserin at varying doses for varying amounts of time before i read your post, unfortunately however, it didn't do much for me other than put me to sleep. same with mirtazapine, although mirtazapine put me into the worst mood ever -- kappa agonism, i'd surmise.

Mianserin was found to be a kappa-opioid agonist - which is sure to make PSSD and mood worse. There are almost zero positive effects of opioids at that receptor.....most of the opioid system's benefits come from nociceptin and u-opioid receptors....but all of them except nociceptin have negative side-effects depending on the level of agonism and concentration of the ligand in question.

i know this.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

az89 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 pm

the side effects profile of this drug are downright scary.

weight gain
cardiac arrest
Slow heart rate
Enlarged breasts (males) - prolactin
Liver function problems and jaundice
Fluid retention, swelling
Blood disorders
Joint pain
Arthritis
Rash
Seizures (fits)
Restlessness and difficulty staying still
Sedation
Dry mouth
Dizziness
Vertigo

too much of a risk for me, i mean weight gain alone would turn me suicidal, shits bad enough as it is.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

north4 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:32 pm

az89 wrote:

weight gain
cardiac arrest
Slow heart rate
Blood disorders
Joint pain
Arthritis
Rash
Seizures (fits)
Sedation
Dry mouth
Dizziness
Vertigo

too much of a risk for me, i mean weight gain alone would turn me suicidal, shits bad enough as it is.

i notice nothing of this side effects that disturb me, only a good sedation and well sleep, after 12 days i have good dreams and increase in spermatic volumen. and sometimes i make good joke infront of others people because of reduce anxiety and i can devense myself better.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Ghost on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 pm

north4 wrote:
az89 wrote:

weight gain
cardiac arrest
Slow heart rate
Blood disorders
Joint pain
Arthritis
Rash
Seizures (fits)
Sedation
Dry mouth
Dizziness
Vertigo

i notice nothing of this side effects that disturb me, only a good sedation and well sleep, after 12 days i have good dreams and increase in spermatic volumen. and sometimes i make good joke infront of others people because of reduce anxiety and i can devense myself better.

Have you ever taken Trazodone (which is also supposed to help you sleep)? I've taken it the past 4 nights, and numbing went away to a great extent the 2 days after, but I think it's starting to creep back, which is all kinds of weird. Maybe it's partly placebo...Anyways, trazodone can get me to sleep, but the sleep still doesn't feel good like it used to. I'm still not feeling that after taking trazodone, which I will say puts me OUT after 40 minutes or so. You start to feel dizzy, and you can't think, and then...boom. You're out. I wake up feeling like a zombie, and I have these weird sensations in my penis. It hurts to pee now...quite a bit so. It started 2 nights into the Trazodone. It could be unrelated... I told my friend that it hurt to pee and he told me it's an STD symptom. Little does he know that the last thing I'm having is sex at this point. Laughing Laughing Sad Anyways, Do you wake up feeling refreshed after mianserin sleep? I hate to get my hopes up, but this is good news...