RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Topics related to activism.
suedehead

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by suedehead »

If people are encouraged not to donate, it would be perceived by the organisers that pssd isn't a serious and urgent concern, whereas a large amount of donations would indicate a widespread interest in this condition.

I agree asking for $200 is not the most optimal strategy. Individuals have a willingness to pay. Some will pay less and others will pay more but as long as each individual is paying what they think is of value to the fund then there is no major issue.

There are pros and cons to this idea but I'd say the pros are higher. Maybe someone with expertise in a niche area will have some interest or maybe there's a pssd sufferer who is doing secret individual research willing to offer ideas. Disadvantages are the puzzle is less likely to be solved by one person; a collaborative effort with major financial backing is the key. But this could be the start of something bigger.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I think people should donate, but ONLY if we get a place for the PSSD money to go if no one "wins" the prize.

Let's get it to our foundation. Or maybe make it so when people donate they pick what they want it to got to.

The important thing is for people to TALK TO HEALY. Let him know that we want money specifically going to PSSD if we donate.

I love his ambition, but I don't think he reads this forum. I already have a working thesis that explains everything. We have dozens of progesterone reports. Yet, when I email him I get no response. I'll try again, I guess.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
sjv16477

Unread post by sjv16477 »

Leave a comment on the article, he always answered to me.
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

Hello guys. I give you an UPDATE about MILAN STUDY with Melcangi.

Brief Intro and review about Melangi's study: He is going to test in rat brain neurosteroid levels, serotonin and dopamine levels after a period of citalopram or sertraline taken daily. Why the choice citalopram/sertraline? Simple, the two drugs are most used by report user questionnaires that he has received.

This means test how many of each steroid hormones are there in the CNS liquor and hoe many 5-HT and DA are there in specific brain areas. This study will can be compared to PFS studies He has done about PFS. In fact He has tested neurosteroid levels in CNS liquor both in rats both in human PFS patients. In these studies he has found very interesting things about a massive alteration in neurosteroid level in PFS. this is the link about PFS study patients. You can download it throught Sci Hub (take the DOI link to the study, go to sci hub and past it in the bar) and see in last page of the study the tables very impressive about neurosteroid dysruption in PFS patient:

See this: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6017301024
Probably we have also a similar neurosteroid pattern. So neurosteroids could be a marker/biological cause of PSSD.

Melangi needs two approvals to do the the sperimental PSSD study: first from Milan university, the second from Italian Health Ministry from Rome. Now he is waiting the first. He has had a delay but he hopes to start in January with animals anyway . Now I am waiting for the first payment. This is my personal decision thanks to my parents and brothers is to donate 50.000 euros taken from my future inheritance. Now I can' t use other money simply because I am not rich to do so.

Now, in the meanwhile, Melcangi is writing another study, a review, pointing out the links between PFS and PSSD symptoms. So, at the end, he will write TWO ARTICLES about PSSD.
IMPORTANT NOTES:

1) the sperimental study will be ready at the end of 2018,
2) the studies won't find any PSSD cure. They are descriptive studies, one a review, the other one a sperimental animal study.

ABOUT Rxisk Prize.
I have updated Melcangi about Dr. Healy crowdfunding and research.
Melcangi can coperate if it is wanted. Now I am going to write to Healy about Melcangi 's works pointing out all neurosteroid importance.
I hope that everyone here donate to the cause because yes, I think PFS and PSSD are very close also in the biological causes. So PLEASE donate to the cause.

any question?
Cheers
Coraggio
Last edited by Coraggio on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

GREAT work, Coraggio. Thank you so much!!!
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

There is an update to this development today

https://rxisk.org/rxisk-prize-how-you-can-help/
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Kinncrimson

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

I asked Dr. healy if this money would benefit PSSD victims also....

this is what Dr. Healy replied:

Apologies for the delay responding. The Prize is for a Cure not for Research. A cure for PSSD, PRSD or PFS. The expectation is that a cure for one will likely be a cure or a big help for all 3 conditions and for other enduring problems.

My hunch is that PSSD is the condition most likely to lead to a breakthrough but the question is what happens if after we wait a year or more there is no one claiming the Prize?

Our options are to refund everyone who donates and we are keeping records of all donations. Or we can donate the money to research in this area. At this point in time PFS research is the most advanced. But we will ask everyone what they think should happen before doing anything. The most important thing is that no one think we are going to hang onto the money. If we can't agree on the right use we will refund it.

There will be another post about this Prize on Tuesday that will hopefully answer some of the questions you and others have - most of the questions stem from the fact this is our first time trying to organize something like this.

If the post on Tuesday doesn't answer all questions, please keep asking questions and I will try to answer

David

--
David Healy MD

This is by far the best oppurtunity we have at the moment, this is not about research this is about finding the cure.

I beg everyone do this donation, I think it's worth it.

An alle deutschsprachigen Mitglieder:

Bitte spendet die 200 Euro, das ist es wert.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Das ist eine gute Idee. Sag ihm, dass du PSSD hast. Lassen Sie die Stiftung auch beginnen.
PLZNO

Unread post by PLZNO »

Thanks for your post, Kinncrimson

I think we have nothing to lose If they're willing to only focus on PSSD
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
Miguel29

Unread post by Miguel29 »

I've now donated the recommended amount and will likely donate again if we start getting closer to the target goal... It seems like $100,000 might be a hard goal to reach though. I'm scared if the target isn't met it'll be perceived as though there is no demand for a cure.