RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
raven100

Re: Poll - Have you returned to meaningful career or university since PSSD

Unread post by raven100 »

Just returned this month. Been OK, think I can manage it, but used to have an active uni life whereas I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a bit isolated this year. Just find it so tough being social without the enthusiasm for it
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Only slightly negative impact for me i guess. Lost alot of passion and energy, but still had enough to function. Also lost some of my stress on the bright side, can hardly get nervous anymore for important meetings. Makes me wonder a bit how to tackle this better when i get to my old self.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I've been a great student since PSSD. The first year was very hard but I managed to stick it out. I know a lot of kids who left school because of depression/anxiety/drinking/drugs/career change. There are a ton of reasons that people leave jobs or school.

There is a fine line between PSSD stopping you from being in school and using PSSD as an excuse to stop. I'm not blaming anyone here of that, but simply trying to challenge the assumption that PSSD is this huge thing that makes you drop everything else in life - which I don't think is the case. I do have a fairly mild case compared to some people though, so I can't really understand what everyone has gone through.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
health

Unread post by health »

I am yet to introduce myself onto this forum, but I just couldn't resist to not answer immediately after seeing Ghost's comment.

Don't let disease make you work any less than you can! How much can you achieve? You don't know! ...Unless you actually go out and do it.

Yes, our condition is (practically speaking) a disadvantage.
Yes, only if we didn't have it, we would probably get so much more from our lives.
Yes, it's painfully unfair that we got it.

...But we have it and making our lives worse won't make it any better.
Don't suffer any more than you absolutely have to.