The Public PSSD Anonymous Survey

Polls.
AerospaceEngineer

The Public PSSD Anonymous Survey

Unread post by AerospaceEngineer »

Hello everyone,

I have spent countless hours reading through threads trying to learn about PSSD and how to treat it. Many people don't have time for this, and it could discourage PSSD sufferers and experts from getting the information they need.
So, I have created a large anonymous public PSSD survey to help with this.

Additional benefits are:
1. Higher coverage: Completely anonymous, and PSSD forum membership is not required.
2. Quick: Legal and medical experts can use the data to get a quick complete overview of PSSD without reading hundreds of posts. Additionally, statistics and raw data can be exported to researchers on request.
3. Concentrated information: PSSD sufferers looking for remedies can easily view up-to-date information on what works and what doesn't.
4. Hosted independently: It can be shared with other SSRI communities, and the data will stay even if this forum disappears.
5. Continuity: The ability to edit the survey can be shared with multiple people, and more questions and choices can be added later without disrupting previously collected data. Also, users may later add to their responses if they find something new.

Click here to take the survey.
Click here to view the results.

I hope this survey is well-received, and I hope to see lots of participation in this survey as it would make searching for information on PSSD less frustrating and time-consuming. If you know of or are a part of other post-SSRI use communities, I ask that you pass this survey along. Additionally, I hope it's made aware of to members who may not visit the Polls forum.
Thank you for your time and your contribution to the future of PSSD research.
Kinncrimson

Re: The Public PSSD Anonymous Survey

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

Good job...

DONE
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

This survey is almost great but unfortunately is lacking the very important emotional side effects, namely flat affect / blunted affect / blunted emotions. They are also caused by SSRIs, persistent, easily distinguishable by sufferers from any co-morbid depression. If I recall correctly there was a poll, according to which around 60-70% members of this forum have them along the sexual ones.

Actually, post SSRI sexual dysfunction should be called simply post ssri syndrome, exactly like PFS. It's extremely unlikely that there are two rare separate conditions caused by SSRIs by different mechanism, especially considering how sexual and emotional symptoms interlace in many cases. A. Csoka, who coined the term PSSD is well aware of their existence. Although, he intentionally omitted emotional ones from his "very high probability cases" because medical definition of depression and so called "axis 2" is simplistic and inaccurate. In turn it's hard for third party person to distinguish between the problems created by illness and drug. Also the Emotional side effects are nowhere as good described and researched as sexual, so his paper would probably be sacked while being peer reviewed due to uncertainty.

the phenomenon about which I'm talking is best described here
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989833/

Edit:
I'm wrong, It was not 60-70 but 93%
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... w=viewpoll

somehow related
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1083

note that many people here confuse or use interchangeably the term "Anhedonia" and emotional blunting even as they are not synonymous
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Done! This is good, thanks.
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Done
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Done
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

done
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I don't wan t to complain cause it is good idea but
changes in dick tissue, prominent vains, soft glans syndrome, watery semen volume are are also pssd symptoms and show that it is not just psychological issue
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Emotional blunting is added as a symptom. For informative purposes it's important to note that this was added around 20 votes in.

AerospaceEngineer, thanks man. The survey is well made and I think it encompasses nearly all essential details. It may be useful to include age affected as I'm sure this has some correlation. It seems like 40-somethings are the most common demographic to be prescribed SSRIs, yet most of us seem to have been given PSSD as young adults.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

new insights -
Add Emotional Blunting to "Which symptom is the most significant?"

add the entire section " Condition for which SSRI have been prescribed"
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Phobia
- Panic disorder
- Depression
- Obsessive / Compulsive disorder
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Other:

and make it multi-choice as any of those disorders could be co-morbid to each other