GI (Gastrointestinal potential)

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
tdj3

GI (Gastrointestinal potential)

Unread post by tdj3 »

Hi All,

Now i am aware of the extensive experiments we have gone to to over come PSSD and so far there seems to be no cure. But is there a possibility what's in your gut can help?

Through the vagus nerve, the brain and the gut communicate. The gut produces imperative bacteria for neurotransmission, synthesis and the production of transmitters. Having whacky levels of gut bacteria (microbiota) can have detrimental effects to our health which are not limited to GI problems. these problems include depression, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, aspergers and autism. Considering that the neuros in our brain ultimately come from our gut, is it crazy to consider that altering it could have an effect on PSSD? My conclusion on PSSD is this:-

Due to how the SSRIS interact with serotonin and dopamine, your reward centre is filled with the wrong thing - being serotonin but from the medication. Therefore totally blacking out your reward system. To put it simply.

My theory with altering micrbiota, comes from the fact that there have been studies on how depression, anxiety and ADHD has been treated with something called faecal microbiota transplant. However, you can alter your microbiota in the foods you eat.

This is not a reccomendation, this is my opinion and my thoughts.