rxisk.org and the process of finding a cure

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Dark0047

rxisk.org and the process of finding a cure

Unread post by Dark0047 »

Hey guys. As you know dr David Healy wishes to find a cure for our frustrating condition but there is a contradiction here. He is collecting money as a reward for anyone who finds a cure for this condition. How can he expect uneducated people find a cure for PSSD? Or is he trying to find a cure himself? I am confused. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here mass-email him and ask him to speed up the process of finding a cure for PSSD. Again, in my opinion, we are wasting time by taking drugs in a hope that they cure us. It's been a long time we've been doing so but we haven't found a cure yet. It is time to make a cure for PSSD with the help of professionals such as dr David Healy who is one of those who believes in PSSD. We all know that no one else believes us and they put the blame of our sexual dysfunction of psychological issues such as depression. We've been neglected by doctors. So we have one guy who wants to help, we shouldn't take this for granted. I urge you to mass-email him and ask him to help conducting a research about this condition and find a cure ASAP.
shadowMan

Re: rxisk.org and the process of finding a cure

Unread post by shadowMan »

Hey guys. As you know dr David Healy wishes to find a cure for our frustrating condition but there is a contradiction here. He is collecting money as a reward for anyone who finds a cure for this condition. How can he expect uneducated people find a cure for PSSD? Or is he trying to find a cure himself? I am confused.
Hes not trying to cure the problem himself, hes just offering the prize. By uneducated people you mean non doctors? If yes, who said that only doctors are able to find a cure/treatment?
I was wondering if anyone here mass-email him and ask him to speed up the process of finding a cure for PSSD.
He is already doing all that he can.
Again, in my opinion, we are wasting time by taking drugs in a hope that they cure us. It's been a long time we've been doing so but we haven't found a cure yet. It is time to make a cure for PSSD with the help of professionals such as dr David Healy who is one of those who believes in PSSD.
We would be wasting time if we were only relying on others to solve our problem, you know very well how complicated PSSD is in terms of being recognised and diagnosed. Do you know how a formal research is done? It takes time, interest and MONEY, and we are talking about exposing a very serious condition caused by drugs who sell billions! We dindt find a solution yet because we are looking at the wrong thing.

So I think that what David is trying to do is bypassing a portion of the burocracy in order to speed things up.

Sorry if I sound rude, but things arent that easy, David is doing all that he can, Melcangi will start a research next year too.
squirtleSquirtle

Unread post by squirtleSquirtle »

shadowMan wrote:
Hey guys. As you know dr David Healy wishes to find a cure for our frustrating condition but there is a contradiction here. He is collecting money as a reward for anyone who finds a cure for this condition. How can he expect uneducated people find a cure for PSSD? Or is he trying to find a cure himself? I am confused.
Hes not trying to cure the problem himself, hes just offering the prize. By uneducated people you mean non doctors? If yes, who said that only doctors are able to find a cure/treatment?
I was wondering if anyone here mass-email him and ask him to speed up the process of finding a cure for PSSD.
He is already doing all that he can.
Again, in my opinion, we are wasting time by taking drugs in a hope that they cure us. It's been a long time we've been doing so but we haven't found a cure yet. It is time to make a cure for PSSD with the help of professionals such as dr David Healy who is one of those who believes in PSSD.
We would be wasting time if we were only relying on others to solve our problem, you know very well how complicated PSSD is in terms of being recognised and diagnosed. Do you know how a formal research is done? It takes time, interest and MONEY, and we are talking about exposing a very serious condition caused by drugs who sell billions! We dindt find a solution yet because we are looking at the wrong thing.

So I think that what David is trying to do is bypassing a portion of the burocracy in order to speed things up.

Sorry if I sound rude, but things arent that easy, David is doing all that he can, Melcangi will start a research next year too.

I respectfully disagree. Healy should put out a "request for proposal" to get some qualified labs to bid on the project and then give the best candidate lab the money to immediately begin their work. I believe that we as a community should discuss that with Healy or Goldstein as soon as possible. The amount of money we have all spent trying experiment on ourselves... while that has lead to a fantastic catalog of information, hypothetically if we had spent that money by donating to Healy (and getting him to find a lab to do the work required) we could have already funded 5-10 years of meaningful research using animal testing and invasive tests that can't be done on humans (for example). We are a big community with lots of funding power. I personally believe that we have exhausted the limitations of self-experimentation and it would now be in our best interest to funnel our resources (at least partially) to Healy or Goldstein.

If everybody that uses this forum donated $5-$10 a month we could raise very large amounts of money to fund good research in very short order. Consider that.

For everyone on here:
How much have you spent on PSSD already? If you took that number and multiplied it by number of people that use this forum how much money would that be? What would be the best way to use that much money?
20 mg Prozac, March-May, Septemeber-December 2015
Problems starting at discontinuation: very low libido, erectile dysfunction, watery semen, no morning wood
Current Problems: mild erectile dysfunction
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

Don't get me wrong. I think Healy's heart is in the right place... but his reward is a joke. Its piddly in comparison of what it will cost to do any type of worthwhile study to pinpoint PSSD much less cure it. Even the savior Goldstein proposal is laughable. For the money hes asking for..... drop in the bucket and he knows it (Im going to keep my opinion of him to myself just stating a fact.)

I do agree that the money people are throwing down the drain on wild ass herb theories can be better spent. There is not enough of us to put up the amount of cash a study requires but a foundation to spread awareness would be a start. It is are only avenue but every time its brought up.. nothing happens.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Dark0047: could you write him and let us know his answer? that of giving the prize as financing to the best research proposal seems to me a good idea.

shadowMan: Will Melcangi start a new search next year, on PFS or PSSD? how do you know and what will it be?
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

anacleta wrote:Dark0047: could you write him and let us know his answer? that of giving the prize as financing to the best research proposal seems to me a good idea.

shadowMan: Will Melcangi start a new search next year, on PFS or PSSD? how do you know and what will it be?
Dark0047 is dead... He died because of suicide.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Sorry. I didn't realize that the messages are old.
(I know Melcangi's study in progress.)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

We need to spread awareness about PSSD and really bring it into the mainstream media its that simple. I've posted it numerous times on here and it seems to fall on deaf ears. No one really wants to do much other than post why it won't work.

We need PSSD to go viral or become high profile on people's radar.