PSSD awareness facebook page - hopetorecover OP

Topics related to activism.
Moloch

PSSD awareness facebook page - hopetorecover OP

Unread post by Moloch »

hopetorecover on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:24 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Post-SSR ... 9528124312

So, my friend made a facebook page in order to raise awareness about PSSD. His idea is that facebook is the best way to spread the news about the existence of PSSD. 1.6 billion members and less censorship risk, more easily findable. Like, share, contribute...

If anyone's on SSRIsex please post this there too.
Moloch

Re: PSSD awareness facebook page - hopetorecover OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:28 pm

That might be good, although a lot of people, myself included are embarrassed about discussing it where our full identities are out there. It's one of those things that almost no one knows about me, as far as it being tied to my actual identity, although thousands of people know all about it, but they just know it's a guy named Sonny on this forum. I suppose I could always make a page for my forum admin identity. I'm not sure.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

hopetorecover on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:18 am

Yeah, I understand. I am the same way, very close friends know and nobody else..

My friend says "just tell him they don't have to use their real name, pictuers.. there are thousands of people with fake names, pics on Facebook"

The page is at 47 likes within the last week and he is posting it to the major depression, bipolar, and antidepressant pages to spread the word about it.

Nice.

I think this could really work. If the general public knew about PSSD, it would truly change things. I am trying to find the article but these pharma companies are the most worried about people finding out about the sexual side effects versus other types of side effects.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 pm

I suppose I can create a page for myself on there, if people are interested in me having a facebook presence. It all depends on how much interest there is in that.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

hopetorecover on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 pm

my understanding is the main goal of the page is to raise awareness about the condition (spread the word) rather than discuss a cure or debate, but I mean it's up to you and I'm helping with the page also
EricCartmanRJ

Unread post by EricCartmanRJ »

Spreading the word is crucial. We are ghosts yet to most people. Very few knows we exist.
But it's tough. Nobody wants to be recognized with this condition.
I am a journalist and thought many times about dedicating some time to it. Just don't know how yet - because of the shame.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

I agree, we all (myself included) have to be willing to give up our aninimity in order to get the word out there about this condition. Although feel shame, we shouldn't. This is isn't our fault. The sooner we come to accept ourselves, the better off we will be both in terms of spreading awareness, and as people.