Libido completely absent for years - is there anything that can help? - Moloch OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Moloch

Re: Libido completely absent for years - is there anything that can help? - Moloch OP

Unread post by Moloch »

catalunya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:01 pm

^ since the OP is in australia, trazodone is unavailable and the regulations surrounding importation are generally much stricter than those for north america or the european union.
Moloch

Re: Libido completely absent for years - is there anything that can help? - Moloch OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 am

Those supplements could help. It is definitely worth a try.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Trez123 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:13 am

Wellbutrin isn't either, nor is Ropinirole or most of the meds used to treat PSSD. But supplements may help
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

catalunya on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:16 am

Trez123 wrote:
Wellbutrin isn't either, nor is Ropinirole or most of the meds used to treat PSSD. But supplements may help

bupropion isn't, but reboxetine is and so is agomelatine and those have helped some (via ne and/or da increases). as for ropinirole, yeah, that isn't either, but you do have access to other dopamine agonists in aus.

and as you and sonny both mentioned, supplements may help.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Trez123 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 am

A doctor will not prescribe dopamine agonists here unless you have hyperprolactinemia or Parkinson's unless you find a very good one and are willing to pop about $200 per script for them, just a note. And anything with yohimbe or yohimbine is restricted against the Therapeutic Goods Act. Also, not sure if it was mentioned but anything with L-dopa or mucuna pruriens must be bought inside Australia or Customs will destroy it and you will get a "love letter" with a firm warning that next time you buy it the police will come to your house for a visit. Re; Reboxetine and Agomelatine, you have to have concurrent MAJOR depressive disorder for it to be subsidised, if you don't, same rule that applies to dopamine agonists applies to these
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Ewe on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:14 am

Bupropion and ropinirole didn't do a thing for me when it comes to arousal. Supplements+exercise+trying to eat healthy did help. Can't say that its a suuuuuper big libido boost, but its noticeable.
(i'm also female Wink )
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Moloch on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:55 am

Thanks for clarifying the drug availability issue. It's a shame that it's so hard to get certain drugs here, maybe that will change in the future if PSSD becomes more widely accepted as a real condition and some of these drugs are proven to be forms of treatment in clinical trials (here's hoping). However as I mentioned I'm hoping supplements might help to begin with anyway. I've purchased some ZMA, vit D, ginseng, fish oil, green tea extract, grape seed extract, horny goat weed, testofen, curcumin, choline, l-carnitine, tribulus, calcium, inositol and gotu kola. I'm going to take all of it daily for 4-5 months and see if anything changes. I'll keep you posted on the progress/results.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

catalunya on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Moloch wrote:
Thanks for clarifying the drug availability issue. It's a shame that it's so hard to get certain drugs here, maybe that will change in the future if PSSD becomes more widely accepted as a real condition and some of these drugs are proven to be forms of treatment in clinical trials (here's hoping). However as I mentioned I'm hoping supplements might help to begin with anyway. I've purchased some ZMA, vit D, ginseng, fish oil, green tea extract, grape seed extract, horny goat weed, testofen, curcumin, choline, l-carnitine, tribulus, calcium, inositol and gotu kola. I'm going to take all of it daily for 4-5 months and see if anything changes. I'll keep you posted on the progress/results.

moloch, are you female or male? i had thought that you were female for whatever reason and if that's so then perhaps the supplements that you are taking wouldn't be appropriate.

that aside, you're also taking a whole lot -- will you need all of it? will anything be detrimental? you won't know because you aren't choosing to layer, but rather start all at once. food for thought.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Moloch on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm female. Which of the supplements do you think wouldn't be appropriate? I realize it probably seems like I'm going overboard but I hadn't thought that any of them would be detrimental seeing as they've all helped at least some people.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Moloch on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm

I don't really know where to start with layering them, especially considering that some of the supplements would only be beneficial in combination with others to my understanding. Any advice would be appreciated.