No votes
Thalamus
No votes

Total votes: 7
Whyme11

Area of headache and/or zaps?

Unread post by Whyme11 »

https://m.health24.com/Mental-Health/Br ... s-20120721

Where do you have headache or zaps in brain?
Checkout the image in link and vote.

To me it is between frontal lobe and parietal lobe.
naiverat

Re: Area of headache and/or zaps?

Unread post by naiverat »

Hahah how do you tell exactly which lobe a headache is stemming from?
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

You can't. The brain doesn't have pain receptors.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Why people feel extreme head pressure then at frontal lobe? It's not pain but pressure, very bad. I had it very severe for like 1,5 years after the ssri.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

"You are correct in that the neurons themselves do not sense pain. However, the brain contains layers of coverings, blood vessels, the scalp and some muscles. All of these other structures have pain receptors. The coverings of the brain are called meninges and consist of the dura, arachnoid and pia. The dura in particular has a lot of pain receptors and may be responsible for many headaches. As a neurosurgeon I have seen this first hand during awake brain surgery when we open the dura. The patient usually doesn't report any pain when you drill a hole in their skull. However, they start to report dull pain or headache when you stimulate or touch the dura."

https://biology.stackexchange.com/quest ... a-headache

So, while you could feel something on your scalp, that's very different from feeling something from a deeper region - for example the thalamus.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Janie quite a few people have that head pressure, myself included. I've been seeing some benefits taking Betaine hcl, going to write a post up about it soon after I've given it a few more weeks.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

I actually didn't know this head pressure was common to PSSD. I thought mine was from increased anxiety - it seems mostly resolved when I ingest benzos.

Does anyone else get eyebrow twitching as well, usually co-occurring with the increased head pressure? This has been pretty annoying for me. It has gotten so bad, that at times even part of my face has felt slightly numb (that region around the eye and head).
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Ow! my pituitary gland!

Jokes aside, I have noticed a higher incidence of headaches since PSSD began. Unsurprising, as they are a common side-effect of SSRI treatment.
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

So is this head pressure universal with people who have PSSD cause I have it too, I get it in my temples. Now that I think about it was one of the things that stuck with me after SSRI use that and the excessive sleepiness that I have all throughout the day which is unusual for me.