PSSD Genome Project [Megathread]

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Ghost

PSSD Genome Project [Megathread]

Unread post by Ghost »

UPDATE: 02/08/2019- VIEW ALL INFORMATION ON MY WEBSITE
Project Home: https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/pssd-genome-project/
SNPS: https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/snps/
Logging: https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/logging/
Build 2 Report: https://pssdlab.files.wordpress.com/201 ... report.pdf
-------------

I am collecting genomes from members and have written a program to analyze them. The program is open-source, but the data will be private and names will be stripped from the data-sets. I'll never share the data with anyone, but will share results from the meta-data

Please send all data to ghostpssd@gmail.com in a .txt file you get from 23andMe. For now, I want to stick with 23andMe data only. BUY NOW! It takes a while to get processed. The more data we have, the better.

https://www.23andme.com/compare-dna-tests/

The cheaper of the two tests will work, but the more expensive one might be of personal interest to you as well. All I really care about is the raw data.

This is the sister thread, and where the idea for this project came from (http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1768)

As of February 2019, work on "Build 3" has begun.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
chemistry

Re: Genome sequencing

Unread post by chemistry »

I just ordered the ancestry DNA test. I'll send it over as soon as I get the results.
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

chemistry wrote:I just ordered the ancestry DNA test. I'll send it over as soon as I get the results.
If you can, get the 23andMe one. I'm not sure if it will be hard to compare it with the ancestry one. The code for that might be hard to write if the file formats are different.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

I've wanted to do the ancestry (cheaper) test for a while now. Just to clarify what you're saying, it would be sufficient for your purposes to just buy that test (not the more expensive one) and send the data to you?
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Ghost wrote:
chemistry wrote:I just ordered the ancestry DNA test. I'll send it over as soon as I get the results.
If you can, get the 23andMe one. I'm not sure if it will be hard to compare it with the ancestry one. The code for that might be hard to write if the file formats are different.
Oh no i meant the ancentry test from 23andme, as in i didn't pay for the health + ancestry. Hopefully that'll still work.
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

Sadly I cant take part right now as the testing not available where currently living. Will jump in when get back to the states.

I am beyond thrilled to see real science being used. This could path the way to a more productive future for our community. Way to go Ghost
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

we need a protemic test not a genetic test. He have an epigenetic disease. Genetic predisposition can do but it isn' t the culprit.
Ghost please check it out some news in the other topic.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Is it the Ancestry test or the Health + Ancestry Test we need?
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Coraggio wrote:we need a protemic test not a genetic test. He have an epigenetic disease. Genetic predisposition can do but it isn' t the culprit.
Ghost please check it out some news in the other topic.
Yea I agree. At this point I'm just looking for a possible genetic predisposition.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

chemistry wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Oh no i meant the ancentry test from 23andme, as in i didn't pay for the health + ancestry. Hopefully that'll still work.
Yes that's perfect! All I need is the raw data! Paying for more just means that they'll tell you if it means any disease or if you're gonna go bald. For PSSD all I care about is the raw data. It's a .txt file. Here is a bit of example genome:

rs1326005 1 5403585 GG
rs4129058 1 5410542 CT
rs6681674 1 5424374 TT

It's a huge file. Like 15mb for all text.

I'll start by looking at genes for Serotonin, Prog, SERT, etc. Maybe free radicals. Stuff that might show already low or high function just from the genotype.