The guardian - my life in sex

Topics related to activism.
Kk88

The guardian - my life in sex

Unread post by Kk88 »

The guardian share a short and insightful piece each week about a reader's sex life. Different topics covered each time, for example: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ex-new-mum

It could be a good chance for us to try and share the PSSD story - I imagine it's something they'd go for given the different topics explored. Who is eloquent enough to be able to put something together?
Last edited by Kk88 on Fri May 11, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kk88

Re: The guardian - my life in sex

Unread post by Kk88 »

I have submitted my story, fingers crossed. For those not in the UK - the guardian is one of the biggest and most well respected newspapers in the country.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Great news - the journalist has contacted me today and said she would like to publish my story!!! I'm just providing her with further details she's asked for.

If/when it does golive, I'll share the link and would encourage you all to comment on the story for added impact, info and visibility
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Thanks! I have sent my story in.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
buffkin14

-

Unread post by buffkin14 »

-
Last edited by buffkin14 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Awesome news! Let's not swamp them with emails now just in case it looks like a coordinated attack lol, if the Guardian publishes a story on PSSD that's huge
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

Aida Edemariam published an article on The Guardian in May 2017 that touch on PSSD here's an excerpt:
Many SSRI users report blunted emotions, even long after they have ceased taking pills, and an impact on sexual function. “They should be called anti-sex drugs rather than antidepressant drugs,” says Jon Jureidini, a child psychiatrist of 30 years’ standing, a professor of psychiatry and paediatrics at the University of Adelaide and co-author of the BMJ study, “It’s more reliably predictable that they’re going to get rid of sexual function than it is that they’re going to get rid of depression.” Again, some people find this persists long after they cease taking the drug. One person I spoke to, Kevin, had taken Prozac for six months when he was 18; now 38, he hasn’t had an erection since.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... g-term-use
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Yes guys no need to email - she is happy with my story and I’m just tidying it up and answering a few questions she has. They’re more interested in a female story - it’s more press friendly but I have mentioned that many men are sufferers too. I’ll keep you all posted
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Thanks for this!
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Kk88 wrote:Great news - the journalist has contacted me today and said she would like to publish my story!!! I'm just providing her with further details she's asked for.

If/when it does golive, I'll share the link and would encourage you all to comment on the story for added impact, info and visibility
Nice! cant wait to see the result!