Berberine

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Moloch

Re: Berberine - sexdrive OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Micromegas on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Area-1255 wrote:
PSSD Went away...I do still use them for enhancement every now & them.

Would you mind sharing your PSSD experience, as in which drug you took, how long the PSSD lasted, etc.? There aren't many people who come along with recovery stories.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Area-1255 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:35 am

Micromegas wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

Would you mind sharing your PSSD experience, as in which drug you took, how long the PSSD lasted, etc.? There aren't many people who come along with recovery stories.
Sure thing, I took luvox;fluvoxoamine for 3.5 years, issues persisted well after the withdrawal of the drug but were starting to improve 3 wks after I started berb + Icariin. Other than that I've tried L-Dopa, natty t boosters, cabergoline and other dopaminergics; all to no avail. I did notice some slight benefit from Maca and for a while my LH/FSH rose on maca; as the SSRI did lower my test levels quite a bit...
However, even after getting T levels in the normal range, Still had the same sides (PSSD), though mood had improved as well as the lingering anxiety kept with me after discontinuation. My guess is it's some cortisol control output issue and the effects on spinal / paraventrical nerves that are caused by SSRI's over time are reversed with the administration of both berb and Icariin which helps restore nNOS expression.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

sexdrive on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:05 am

How long were you off the SSRI as you started with berb + icariin? What other lingering symptoms did you have after withdrawal? Anhedonia, fatigue, genital anesthesia? How much longer did you take berb + icariin after getting better?
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

forexworld12 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:21 am

sexdrive wrote:
Research seems inconclusive as always with herbs... In this study it raised serotonin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18585703

Chronic administration of berberine (5 mg/kg, i.p.) for 15 days significantly increased the levels of norepinephrine (29%), serotonin (19%) as well as dopamine (52%)

http://examine.com/supplements/Berberine/

is it only 15 days ? 15 days of berebine treatment at 5mg/day seems to improve dopamine by far the most(52%) ... this might be something good
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

apachuri on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Area-1255 wrote:
Micromegas wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

Sure thing, I took luvox;fluvoxoamine for 3.5 years, issues persisted well after the withdrawal of the drug but were starting to improve 3 wks after I started berb + Icariin. Other than that I've tried L-Dopa, natty t boosters, cabergoline and other dopaminergics; all to no avail. I did notice some slight benefit from Maca and for a while my LH/FSH rose on maca; as the SSRI did lower my test levels quite a bit...
However, even after getting T levels in the normal range, Still had the same sides (PSSD), though mood had improved as well as the lingering anxiety kept with me after discontinuation. My guess is it's some cortisol control output issue and the effects on spinal / paraventrical nerves that are caused by SSRI's over time are reversed with the administration of both berb and Icariin which helps restore nNOS expression.

Area-1255,

I've never heard this theory before. It intrigues me. Please elaborate if you could. I'm a complete beginner with the whole cortisol realm. This might explain my nerve pain I've been complaining about since discontinuation (as well as in response to something alarming or startling) and my lower spinal pain with genital and protate pain.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Area-1255 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:08 pm

sexdrive wrote:
How long were you off the SSRI as you started with berb + icariin? What other lingering symptoms did you have after withdrawal? Anhedonia, fatigue, genital anesthesia? How much longer did you take berb + icariin after getting better?

I gave it a good three months and nothing returned, and yes I had anhedonia and severe emotional numbing as well. I barely felt alive.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

celexahell on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Area-1255 wrote:
sexdrive wrote:

I gave it a good three months and nothing returned, and yes I had anhedonia and severe emotional numbing as well. I barely felt alive.

That's exactly what Citalopram did to me. I only took it for six days in April, and here we are and September's almost over (what's that, almost 6 months?), and I've only noticed minor, barely noticeable improvements.

Would you say you are 100% improved in the realm of sexual function and emotional capacity? If so, that's pretty incredible as this all seems to be a medical mystery that doctors like to ignore.

What exact doses of Berberine and Iicarin were you on? Are you still taking them every day?

This could be the best day of my life to finally feel some hope that this nightmare can end and I can get back to living.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Area-1255 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:53 pm

celexahell wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:
sexdrive wrote:

That's exactly what Citalopram did to me. I only took it for six days in April, and here we are and September's almost over (what's that, almost 6 months?), and I've only noticed minor, barely noticeable improvements.

Would you say you are 100% improved in the realm of sexual function and emotional capacity? If so, that's pretty incredible as this all seems to be a medical mystery that doctors like to ignore.

What exact doses of Berberine and Iicarin were you on? Are you still taking them every day?

This could be the best day of my life to finally feel some hope that this nightmare can end and I can get back to living.
Horny Goat Weed 60% ICARIIN from World ABS/ Icarriin health; 300mg , 3x a day.
berberine 200 mg , 4 x per day.
I still use them from time to time but don't really need them anymore....my guess is my PDE-5 got permanently downregulated after continuous use which is consistent with the studies and also using both of those had dropped my cortisol back into the normal range.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

celexahell on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Area-1255 wrote:
celexahell wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:
sexdrive wrote:

I still use them from time to time but don't really need them anymore....my guess is my PDE-5 got permanently downregulated after continuous use which is consistent with the studies and also using both of those had dropped my cortisol back into the normal range.

Thanks so much Area. I'm going to order this stuff today and start treatment as soon as it arrives and I'm going to post a journal for my progress. Perhaps you should alert Dr. David Healy about this potential solution.

Another question is did you have genital anesthesia / numbness? Because that is one of the most devastating symptoms of PSSD in my opinion, and removes a lot of the intimacy from sex. Did it cure that too (if you were suffering from it)?
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Area-1255 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:23 pm

celexahell wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:
celexahell wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:
sexdrive wrote:

Thanks so much Area. I'm going to order this stuff today and start treatment as soon as it arrives and I'm going to post a journal for my progress. Perhaps you should alert Dr. David Healy about this potential solution.

Another question is did you have genital anesthesia / numbness? Because that is one of the most devastating symptoms of PSSD in my opinion, and removes a lot of the intimacy from sex. Did it cure that too (if you were suffering from it)?

Loss of sensation and weak orgasm...as well as slow or dead sexual responsiveness....
And yes...cured that as well, orgasms normalized after 2 weeks....full responsivity in an optimal direction took about 3..maybe a little more.