Since developing PSSD, has your anxiety lessened?

Polls.

Has your anxiety decreased since you developed PSSD?

Yes significantly
55%
Yes slightly
9%
No
15%
It’s worse
21%

Total votes: 53
sovietxrobot

Re: Since developing PSSD, has your anxiety lessened?

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

My baseline anxiety feels about the same, but I need a higher dose of medication to control it. Before PSSD, 20mg lexapro and I had 0 anxiety, now I take 30mg and its still not quite as well controlled.
Dalmatian

Unread post by Dalmatian »

In my case it remained the same after PSSD, and maybe even worse than it was, at least during some days (especially mornings).
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

My anxiety has increased a lot. Sometimes agoraphobia became so big that I couldn't leave the house. The internal tension has become unbearable. I still feel that a disaster will happen, I never relax, only sleep is a godsend from continuous fight-flight with constant overthinking about finities-infinities.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Where is the option Yes and No ?

Yes, because SSRI induced persistent emotional blunting has made anxiety much less intensive and less frequent as a response in certain occasions. It's harder tu induce anxiety. Anxiety induced tachycardia is blunted. The same happened with every other emotion

and... No. Although there is much less situational anxiety, in the same time constant low level anxiety frequently appears. It goes in the background for no reason, lasting for hours. Situational anxiety could also morph into it and last long. Like SSRI damaged some anxiety shutting down pathway ( prefrontal cortex - amygdala ? ) - stressor goes away anxiety continues. This is a big and noticeable change from pre-PSSD and pre-SSRI period.
John321

Unread post by John321 »

I had little anxiety before taking SSRI which has increased because of this PSSD. My mind is always occupied with this PSSD. During my windows the anxiety is much better. Since PSSD I have been exercising and eating better to try to cure this shit and it has enhanced my looks and thus more girls try and flirt with me and I feel even more anxious at that time.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

My anxiety decreased to zero since Pssd. I miss my anxiety
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

I chose slightly but its somewhere between slightly and significantly. The original OCD or Pure-O symptoms come back now & then but they go away within minutes to hours. Sleep also resets them. But the price has been too high.
lukejimmy

Unread post by lukejimmy »

Never had social anxiety but it developed around the time i took fluoxetine. Not certain if it was caused it but if not directly it definitely exacerbated it