Colors perception after PSSD

Polls.

Do you experience a loss of colors vividness in your vision?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 am

My vision are somewhat changed colors are less vivids
25%
My vision are unchanged
38%
Other
38%

Total votes: 8
Dryed

Colors perception after PSSD

Unread post by Dryed »

I'm curious to know if someone experience this after PSSD (colors are there but are perceived less vivids)
To pathei mathos
magnilo

Re: Colors perception after PSSD

Unread post by magnilo »

ive also been wondering about this:
i remember that upon starting fluoxetine, which is the substance that ""gave me pssd"", all colors got extremely and almost unnaturally vivid. to the point that i tought to myself "heh, thats why its called FLUO xetine"
probably the colors have faded back to normal perception as of now.

i think these type of things are extremely hard to notice... i mean to remember how you were before, during, and after. memories are a weird thing and often ephemeral. we tend to remember things how we want to remember them and often distort
i have voted "other" due to this reason
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

Yes i agree! Is totally individual ,but i've already read somewhere other users complain about something similar regarding "poorer" vision quality after ssri (and not only on this forum) .
To pathei mathos
mxh

Unread post by mxh »

Maybe, but I think it is an overall psychological effect, like being less excitable, seeing fewer different sides and possibilities, at least for me, maybe it's more genuinely visually related for you.
Dead

Unread post by Dead »

I voted other because i don't see colors differently, but i got the visual snow thing. It's like i'm seeing the world through an untuned TV.
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

https://rxisk.org/keeping-an-eye-on-the ... -on-ssris/ article from rxisk about abnormalities in retinal electric activitiy after ssri
To pathei mathos
Dead

Unread post by Dead »

Dryed wrote:https://rxisk.org/keeping-an-eye-on-the ... -on-ssris/ article from rxisk about abnormalities in retinal electric activitiy after ssri
That's almost exactly what i'm seeing. Interesting that they found abnormal electrical activity. Ever since getting this condition i have felt like there is an electrical current running through my body. I can literally feel like a static/electrical sensation in my skin all the time, most notably on the scalp, and i can see it in my eyes as static/noise/snow. I can even hear it as some sort of high pitched tinnitus. Do you think the person had reduced or increased electrical activity in the eyes?
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

I hadn't noticed my vision had changed, but when I had my 24hr window, I realised everything was bright and vivid - amazing! It highlighted just how many things are effected by this