Inositol Powder

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
continue

Re: IP6 inositol

Unread post by continue »

what dose have you tried? I saw one report saying it should at least recover orgasm capacity.
elkikko

Unread post by elkikko »

I want back My libido.
1 capsule per day
continue

Unread post by continue »

this is too little. you should reach 18 g daily for 7-8 weeks before concluding anything.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I was unaware of this but this study says that "inositol is reported to reverse desensitization of serotonin receptors". Therefore marking it as a compound that I will put on my watch-list. I have seen reports of it working to some degree online

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9169302

My concern with it is that I already have ADD, and have heard that Inositol can make this worse?
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
brian6211

Unread post by brian6211 »

I have used Inositol(NOW, Jarrow's Formula) for about 8 months now on and off. I was at 18g for 6-8 weeks about 5-6 months ago with no improvement. I remember that post from PharmD which mentioned that he was cured from Inositol. But again, whatever works for someone, fucks up someone else. I noticed that inositol makes my PSSD worse lately. So I'm off of it for 12 days now and I feel my numbness decreasing. Inositol plays with serotonin too(increasing it), therefore I highly doubt it helps for most.

BUT, BIG BUT...It does have an effect on OCD, a BIG one! It really relaxes the mind(not giving a SH!T what the mind says-70% decrease for me) and slows down the anxiety. I find it way better than SJW for that. But I still feel my whole body being numb on and off as well. So I think I'm still in the discontinuation side effects..my brain is still not back to default..
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

brian6211 wrote:I have used Inositol(NOW, Jarrow's Formula) for about 8 months now on and off. I was at 18g for 6-8 weeks about 5-6 months ago with no improvement. I remember that post from PharmD which mentioned that he was cured from Inositol. But again, whatever works for someone, fucks up someone else. I noticed that inositol makes my PSSD worse lately. So I'm off of it for 12 days now and I feel my numbness decreasing. Inositol plays with serotonin too(increasing it), therefore I highly doubt it helps for most.

BUT, BIG BUT...It does have an effect on OCD, a BIG one! It really relaxes the mind(not giving a SH!T what the mind says-70% decrease for me) and slows down the anxiety. I find it way better than SJW for that. But I still feel my whole body being numb on and off as well. So I think I'm still in the discontinuation side effects..my brain is still not back to default..
Interesting. Thanks! I've heard it's great for anxiety. In theory it looks good. What SSRI did you take?
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
brian6211

Unread post by brian6211 »

Escitalopram 10mg for 1 year 7 months
Ghost

Re: Experiment: Inositol Powder - PharmD OP

Unread post by Ghost »

I am really interested in trying inositol. I believe that Curcumin was able to partially re-sensitize 5ht1a receptors. However, 5ht2c receptors are also implicated in PSSD, and are experimentally shown to be re-sensitized with Inositol. Like PharmD, My anticipatory erections are lacking, and I hypothesize that this may be more of a function of the 5ht2c receptor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9169302
"inositol is reported to reverse desensitization of serotonin receptors"

Also for anyone with residual anxiety...It beat prozac...

"inositol reduced the number of panic attacks per week (mean and SD) by 4.0 (2) compared with a reduction of 2.4 (2) with fluvoxamine"

A member named "theautomator" posted on another Anti-Depressant site speaking about his PSSD recovery:
"Well, for me (and everyone is different), I found inositol to be a big part of "a way out". I suspect it had more to do with my progress than I alude to, but I don't like to openly speculate." " In the end, no supplement really did much for me, with the exception of inositol. Inositol...has been a god-send here."

http://survivingantidepressants.org/ind ... from-pssd/
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I REALLY want to try this...but I think that I'll have to wait.

Everyone says that memory turns to shit on this stuff. Sadly I'm a student that needs his memory dearly. I'm afraid that this experiment will have to wait till next summer. I'd encourage others to try though, I really wish I could.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I've been trying Inositol for the past 2 weeks (15 days).

These are the doses that I've been trying each day. I'm keeping it low to try and fend off any ADD aggravation

It's too early to speculate.