propeciahelp.com Now Welcoming Members with PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Dubya_B

propeciahelp.com Now Welcoming Members with PSSD

Unread post by Dubya_B »

Hello All,

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/ is now welcoming new members from the PSSD and post-Accutane communities to join the discussion.

Most of you are probably aware of the overlap in symptoms shared among all 3 groups, with the most striking similarities being the persistent sexual and anhedonic side effects. There has also been a recent publication by Prof. Melcagni's team at the University of Milan outlining the overlap between PFS and PSSD, suggesting a shared pathology involving neurosteroids and neurotransmitters.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29675596

The new propeciahelp admins are looking forward to encouraging open discussion about our conditions and providing a supportive environment where all patients groups will benefit from our collective experience. We have too much in common to just ignore it any longer.
Pep19

Re: propeciahelp.com Now Welcoming Members with PSSD

Unread post by Pep19 »

We must rely on them to move forward and hope for something, we will not get anything with pssd!
If they find a cure it will be ours too, spf and pssd are the same thing all in all.
Dubya_B

Unread post by Dubya_B »

Judging by anecdotal accounts of post-drug sexual dysfunction sufferers, these syndromes are almost definitely related, and there will be a survey system added soon to propeciahelp that is similar in purpose to the current new-member questionnaire:

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/an-acc ... ages/30369

This will allow the similarities/differences in type, timing, and severity of symptoms among our communities to be more reliably identified. For instance, if these syndromes are most often a withdrawal effect or if they typically begin during use.

Agree that the PSSD research has been moving slowly due, in part, to lack of participation and trouble with organized funding. The PFS research had its share of delays due to lack of participation, but has the PFSF to organize funding. The post-Accutane community has no recent research and organization has been atrocious in the past decade, with the exception of some media attention and pharmacovigilance publications courtesy of RxISK.

IMO, the greatest benefit from joining with the PFS community will be that we will not have to rely on them to find a cure, but will be able to become better organized ourselves and assist in finding a cure.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Great! I'll be joining soon.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Ghost wrote:Great! I'll be joining soon.
It's very important to colaborate with guys from PFS, Accutane, Minoxidil and so on. Maybe mechanism of action are different, there are different patways, but seems like in the outcome we are in the same state. Neurosteroids are strong tied to neurotransmitters, and all these drugs are tied by one common thing - they alter androgen homeostasis. I found this in 2015 but no one has really drawn attention. I'm glad that now this got your attention more, i even saw this on your PSSDLAB.
BenyaMarubo

Unread post by BenyaMarubo »

definitely.
even upon brief inspection of the typical symptoms, it is clear that they coincide with ours.
Dubya_B

Unread post by Dubya_B »

Thanks for the support guys!

Here's to getting our lives back!