CURED

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Bunny

Re: CURED

Unread post by Bunny »

There were times when I would try to go back on an SSRI (to deal with OCD), but those periods were very brief and I feel they had no effect on me sex or OCD-wise. (Trintellix and Viibryd in 2016-2017 mainly, if I'm remembering right.)
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Holy s**t this is so awesome thank you so much for coming back Bunny. Many long term sufferers (like myself) do start to feel like PSSD is their new normal and something is just permanently in the wrong place. This just proves that someone with PSSD for many years can still recover. Very encouraging stuff, I really appreciate this post. :)

PS: Did you experience anhedonia or genital numbness?
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I am so so so happy for you, Bunny!!!

You've been around here foe a while now and always have been a great member of the community. Thank you so much for coming back to post your success!

I hope that you come back once in a while to say hi! Otherwise, you will be missed by many here. It will be odd for me to not see your posts anymore.

If ever there was a story for hope, yours is one of them.

Ghost
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Amazing!

I think it has to do with the chiropractic and pelvic floor treatment or the lithium tried just right before. Honestly, by far the worse trauma of my life is the treatment by that quack who gave me pssd. Can I get a psychoteraphy for that? Can you tell me what is the pelvic floor treatment looks like? Thanks!
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Yes, I'd be interested in hearing more about it from you, or if possible, from your therapist. Did they give you any handouts? I'd love to see anything I can.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Hi Bunny! I'm happy to hear about your recovery. Do you had genital / skin numbness? And if yes, do you describe it as loss of sexual sensations or more like anaesthesia on the skin. I remember that PSSD turned off your OCD that returned in 2013. Is it possible that your recovery is a gradual natural recovery? You were first blunted, after this with gradual improvements you started to have windows and OCD came back (maybe dopamine related changes) and finally you recovered now with lithium that helped you with depression. If i was in your place i would not use SSRI,it's insane to go back on this drug, but it's your choice.

Thank you! And i wish you a good luck.
Last edited by iull1k on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

I also think that in those almost 10 years central/peripheral nerves could repair to a point that these treatments can be effective now.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Having talked to you a few times on here and you also being female I’m SO happy for you - I pray to see a post like this every time I log on!!!

A couple of questions -

Remind me where you’re based? I’m still struggling to get my dr to prescribe me anything other than an SSRI (UK), so wondering if id have any chance of getting this or if you’re based somewhere else

Do you plan to stop the lithium? Do you think you’ve been ‘fixed’ permenanrly and the ‘switch’ has flicked back to on, or is this only while you’re on the medication?

The pelvic floor - did the therapy help a lot or could I find some useful tips online?

So so happy for you and thank you so much for posting on here
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

One last one - you mentioned a few factors to your cure. Subjective I know but what % would you assign to each one in contributing?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

hi bunny and congratulations for your achievement! well deserved!
would you say pelvic floor therapy had a big influence?