CURED

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
magnilo

Re: CURED

Unread post by magnilo »

thank you for taking your time answering us all in great detail:)
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

iii1i1i1: Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the antibiotics I took... the last UTI I had was over a year ago.

TalkingAntColony: Because I was so depressed this last year, I stopped exercising and my diet actually got much worse than usual (I try to maintain a healthy, low-sugar diet). I ended up gaining back some weight. My sex drive does not seem to be affected by this. I am going to try and get healthy again, though. (The ironic thing is that when I had PSSD I would do very heavy exercise almost daily, but it wouldn't do a thing for my sex drive.)

GIXXER: I feel much more "alive" and less anhedonic in general. I enjoy video games again, reading, writing, watching movies, etc. Touches on my skin even feel "electric" again!

Glitch: This is something I'm not sure of myself... while the SSRI I took in 2008 definitely "kicked off" the initial sexual dysfunction, I am wondering if my repressed traumatic experiences contributed to not being able to get my sex drive back at all, even when I CT'd the medicine. This is why I think it's important for people with PSSD to investigate to make sure other things are not contributing to their sexual dysfunction. (whether that's depression, traumatic experiences, pelvic floor issues, etc.)
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
Ciprofloxacin

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

were you have cognitional problems? Could you say you can imagine much easier now?
I’m more interested in cognitional aspects, could you explain it bit more?
iii1i1i1

Unread post by iii1i1i1 »

Last edited by iii1i1i1 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrokenDoll

Unread post by BrokenDoll »

Hi Bunny, I tried to send you a PM but was unable to. I hope you dont mind me copy and pasting this here.

Hiya Bunny. Your story gave me so much hope. Many congratulations. :)
I know that you probably have dozens of PMs right now, so my apologies for contributing to your full inbox.

I'm 25, female, and have been enduring severe PSSD since 2014.
I cold turkeyed 150mg of sertaline when I was 21 and haven't gotten aroused or felt pleasure since. Also anhedonic.
I feel like I'm always at rock bottom, to be honest. Do you think there are hopeless cases? Did you ever feel like you would never get better?
I know it's TMI but I cant remember what arousal feels like. I cant imagine ever experiencing that again.

I haven't experienced a full window yet and I'm 4 years out (I haven't touched any medication at all since then).
The anhedonic is the worst aspect, I think. Did you have a bad case of PSSD and anhedonia too?
I agree that our experience over this is traumatic, I'm hoping you're on to something there as I dont have a clue what drugs/supplements to take and I'm reluctant to take any because of this experience.
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

Ciprofloxacin: Because of chronic TMJ pain that I developed recently, my cognition and imagination have suffered to a degree. I am certain that once I stop grinding my teeth and my pain resolves, I'll be in a better place cognition-wise.

iii1i1i1: The only ones that look familiar to me are the Cipro and Amox. I might have taken both of those at some point.

BrokenDoll: Yes, my anhedonia was very bad. I simply could not take pleasure in anything and my emotions were very blunted. It got to the point where I became very suicidal last year, because I had been having problems with anhedonia for almost ten years. That was when I started going to therapy and addressing deep-seated traumas. Suddenly I had emotions again... but they were skyrocketing out of control and I was in more danger than ever before, which was why my psychiatrist felt the need for a mood stabilizer in lithium. It was a last resort after I told him that I responded poorly to SSRIs (I had taken many different SSRIs before I got PSSD).

There were many times in the last decade where I felt like a hopeless case, for sure. My PSSD, if that's what it was, was very complex and would not respond to anything. For your case, I would suggest starting with "front-line" supplements for PSSD, such as gingko biloba, licorice root, and inositol powder. These literally have no bad effects as far as I can tell, and are even helpful for the brain and body independent of sexual restoration. They didn't do anything lasting for me (I actually don't take supplements anymore), but they have helped many with PSSD, and they might work for you!
Female
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Hey bunny,

I'm really happy for you.

There is always hope, no matter what.
BrokenDoll

Unread post by BrokenDoll »

Thank you for your reply Bunny, I really appreciate it. It's really great that you're writing back to everyone.

I'm confused, were you off all medications since 2009 (besides briefly returning to SSRIs in 2016/2017) or were you completely off all meds for 9 years?
How long into trauma therapy did you notice the returning of your emotions?
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

BrokenDoll: If you scroll down this page (http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 1&start=50), there's a list of all medications/supplements I experimented with to combat PSSD since 2009. None of them worked for me, but many of them worked for other people. (The list doesn't include the SSRIs I took briefly in 2016/2017.)

I started trauma therapy weekly and consistently beginning January this year (before that I was in CBT for OCD). I want to say the return of emotions started in February or March.
Female
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

Bunny, did at any point after ssri use get head pressure?