Inositol dosage and timing

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
DrugsAreBad

Inositol dosage and timing

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

I've been experimenting with Inositol for about two weeks now. I haven't figured it out completely, but I've noticed a few things:

(1) different amounts have opposite effects
(2) the immediate and lasting effects are different

An amount around 1000 mg makes me sluggish, gives me a blunted affect and makes me physically numb for around 12 hours. After around 12h, the effect changes and I get an increased sensitivity to touch and more energy. I feel good and spontaneous, but there is some lingering numbness that is hard to describe. Around 2500 mg gives me energy instead of making me sluggish.The positive effects remains at least for a few days after quitting, making me think it's not necessary to take every day. Weather the effects are permanent remains to be seen.

It seems that the often quoted study using 18g per day might not be something to emulate. It seems like an insane and possibly dangerous amount to me, given the strong effect of a much smaller amount on me. Also not only is the dose large, but it doesn't take into account that a smaller amount might have a different effect. Given the lasting effect, it seems taking this every day might be too often. Also at least for me, the positive effects only come after it stops acting.

Edit below:

Suggestion: If taking Inositol, start with small doses (250mg-1g) and take if every few days instead of every day.