VITAMIN B12

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
brian6211

VITAMIN B12

Unread post by brian6211 »

Well I don't want to claim a cure by any mean. BUT this is the 2nd injection I get of Vitamin B12(Cobalamin) and here are the results:
-Medium increase in sex drive
-Erection slightly better
-Subtle but significant burst of energy
-Significant decrease in anxiety

So for all who are Vitamin B12 deficient/insufficient after testing and especially people with OCD like myself who tend to have an insufficient amount of B12 and D vitamins in their body, I think it's something to take into consideration and to inquire about.

In the past 2 weeks, I've had almost a whole week of PSSD-free but it came back. I've had PSSD since November 20th 2014, therefore I'm thankful for that week of success ;)

Anyway I wanted to share my Vitamin B12 experiment and I will keep posting on it in order to contribute to the forum. I think if B12 is combined with some other supplements that I haven't tried yet such as L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine which have a profile of slight increase in dopamine, that it can help alleviate the symptoms of PSSD.

Cheers to all and LETS CONTINUE THE EXPERIMENTS!!
Wozzi7

Re: VITAMIN B12

Unread post by Wozzi7 »

How much B12 would be useful for this if I were to take pills for this?

I don't think it'd be realistic for me to get injections. Did you ask your doctor for the injections?
brian6211

Wozzi7 wrote:How much B12 would be useful for this if I were to take pills for this?

I don't think it'd be realistic for me to get injections. Did you ask your doctor for the injections?
1) I have no idea
2) She recommended it. She knows I want results asap. She mentioned to me that injection should not be taken more than twice a week. She advised a couple of shots at the beginning and then continue taking the vitamin b complex pill twice a day.
brian6211

But people need to get tested first(blood test) to see what level they have.
continue

Unread post by continue »

that's interesting. In my first window of improvement, the orthomolecular doctor gave me a huge list of supps. I tried to replicate that window based in the herbal aphrodisiac combination the doctor gave me, but got no sucess. Now I was reading that list... and I saw she gave me 1 mg methyl B12.

so maybe it was the B12?

I'll try again and see if it helps.

(at that window I didn't feel normal. But I was with a very high libido and erections were perfect, so I was not cured, but 100% functional)
Postanti

Unread post by Postanti »

I am by no means an expert but for anyone who wants to try this from what I understand B12 has minimal absorption when taken in pill form and should be taken sublingually ideally held in their mouth for 45 minutes + . The most bioavailable form used in typical injections is methylcobalamin, adenysolcobalamin is also bioavailable, hydroxycobalamin can be converted in to both methyl and adenosyl depending on your genetics, and cyanocobalamin is not a preferred form.

Injections are the most bioavailable, I've been using MOD EDIT- LINK REMOVED transdermal, but it's fairly expensive.

There's a lot of information surrounding this if you start googling the methylation cycle.
continue

Unread post by continue »

And about methylation... Methylation is responsible for neurotransmitters balance, mainly due tô SAMe. I never tried SAMe because its too expensive, but a got major improvement windows from liver flush. I'll try this mb12 again, and if I improve within 10 days (it was something like last year), it can signify that the SSRI impaired methylation of our livers. That would be why we never get 100% back with other drugs and supps to treat PSSD : we could only get 100% cured when we treat our liver, mainly methylation.

It's just a possibility. I'm going to check myself this mb12 thing again.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Just ordered a methylfolate/methyl b12 supplement, and am now reading reports on people saying methyl donors permanently crashed them, as well as @meso warning about them... I've taken zinc, choline, magnesium, and a daily multivitamin and have never had any kind of negative effects. I was looking for something to help with brain fog and mood mostly, but now I'm kind of freaked out to try it.

How risky is this? They are relatively low dose 400mcg/1000mcg. When I was in the hospital they said I was slightly anemic, and gave me a "b vitamin". I asked my primary about it, and he didn't seem interested and wouldn't do any blood tests... seemed like a good idea at first. anyone else try these?
afx

Unread post by afx »

Sb919 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:08 pm Just ordered a methylfolate/methyl b12 supplement, and am now reading reports on people saying methyl donors permanently crashed them, as well as @meso warning about them... I've taken zinc, choline, magnesium, and a daily multivitamin and have never had any kind of negative effects. I was looking for something to help with brain fog and mood mostly, but now I'm kind of freaked out to try it.

How risky is this? They are relatively low dose 400mcg/1000mcg. When I was in the hospital they said I was slightly anemic, and gave me a "b vitamin". I asked my primary about it, and he didn't seem interested and wouldn't do any blood tests... seemed like a good idea at first. anyone else try these?
I suggest You to not go into methyl forms of B9 neither B12 unless You have confirmed MTHFR mutation problems. Even then proceed with caution and dont go beyond with higher doses (e.g. B9 up to 400mcg and B12 up to 250mcg) neither more methyl agents in form of supplements as it may crash You
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Would Vitamin B2 be safe? I'm thinking about trying it to boost mao-a expression.