Why won't anyone take this approach?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
infinityzer00000

Why won't anyone take this approach?

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

Stress and trauma can cause the same symptoms yet no one here will listen. I don't understand. We took these stupid pills for a reason. I am officially off my SSRI and recovering from severe trauma and stress and my sexual functioning is coming back.
Timm Thaler

Re: Why won't anyone take this approach?

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

infinityzer, I totally agree with you. My problem is that I haven't found a good trauma therapist yet. Could you help me with my questions to you, see http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 013#p24013, either on the forum or pm me?!
Thanks so much, Timm
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Your symptoms may be caused by stress and trauma, but that is not PSSD...is it? Perhaps people won’t lisyen because you don’t have the same problem as them and not the same problem as we are here to discuss. I get frustrated that an expert may come here and see people suggest that this problem is psychological. Mine is not, many other peoples is not. If yours is then I am glad you are getting help and that things are improving for yoU, but perhaps this isn’t the right place for you to discuss it?
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Thanks for your comment, Kk88. I feel exactly the same.

I guess it’s likely that some people on this forum have trauma-related issues but it’s definitely not true for everybody. Several points contradict the „trauma-theory“. For many (if not most) people on this forum:
  • the symptoms started with the SSRI treatment,
  • the symptoms were completely new and most people didn’t experience anything like it before ssri treatment,
  • the symptoms increased with dosage,
  • the symptoms got (slightly) better when reducing dosage and some time after stopping treatment,
  • (long-term) psychotherapy didn’t have an effect on the symptoms,
  • although everybody on this forum has their reason for taking antidepressants, not everybody is traumatized and
  • although trauma may cause depersonalization (i. e. numbness/anesthesia) or other related symptoms, this is not necessarily true for every trauma patient!
Personally, I think that it’s highly unlikely that, if someone never experienced sexual dysfunction before ssri treatment, they suddenly experience “trauma-related” symptoms when starting ssri treatment. I just doesn’t make sense. Of course this may be different in cases where there were trauma-related symptoms before ssri treatment. However, I guess that we are talking about a small minority of cases.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I’m not annoying anybody... :mrgreen:
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Let me explain a bit better what I believe:

Trauma usually causes 'overarousal' but in extreme and rare cases it can cause a complete shutdown of the system. The symptoms of complete shutdown and PSSD are exactly the same. That is what I find stunning!
And that is why I believe that the neurophysiological mechanism behind both, severe trauma with complete shutdown and PSSD are the same. The shutdown that we experience was no doubt caused by the SSRI for all the reasons that numby just pinned down.

It does not mean that everyone with PSSD had severe trauma in their lifes, it just means that the same neuropsychiological mechanism is in place. And there might be a predisposition due to earlier traumatic experiences that makes it more likely for some of us to trigger that mechanism after SSRI use.

That is why I believe or at least hope that trauma therapy can act on PSSD symptoms the same way it acts on trauma symptoms.
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

Oh dear...
To pathei mathos
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

I strongly believe that trauma makes PSSD way worse especially when it comes to depression and anxiety.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Zolofthater420

Unread post by Zolofthater420 »

Timm Thaler wrote:Let me explain a bit better what I believe:

Trauma usually causes 'overarousal' but in extreme and rare cases it can cause a complete shutdown of the system. The symptoms of complete shutdown and PSSD are exactly the same. That is what I find stunning!
And that is why I believe that the neurophysiological mechanism behind both, severe trauma with complete shutdown and PSSD are the same. The shutdown that we experience was no doubt caused by the SSRI for all the reasons that numby just pinned down.

It does not mean that everyone with PSSD had severe trauma in their lifes, it just means that the same neuropsychiological mechanism is in place. And there might be a predisposition due to earlier traumatic experiences that makes it more likely for some of us to trigger that mechanism after SSRI use.

That is why I believe or at least hope that trauma therapy can act on PSSD symptoms the same way it acts on trauma symptoms.
It`s not very outlandish for me. Also a guy found relief after MDMA, which is very good against traumatic experiences.
continue

Unread post by continue »

infinityzer00000 wrote:Stress and trauma can cause the same symptoms yet no one here will listen. I don't understand. We took these stupid pills for a reason. I am officially off my SSRI and recovering from severe trauma and stress and my sexual functioning is coming back.
I take this approach.
I discovered that ANY DISEASE is caused by traumas, blockages, densities in our consciousness. I keep saying this and people laugh, but I can notice layer-by-layer what caused my PSSD, and I've been releasing them. Not fully cured yet and still oscilating somewhat, but I'm getting better and better in the long run. That can be applied to any disease also: the only thing that can delay the cure is our resistance.
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

Yes it's scientifically proven that we can cure everything with a dose of good laughs and maybe some meme
To pathei mathos