Reversing silenced AR signal with demethylating agents - A promising treatment option?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Dryed

Reversing silenced AR signal with demethylating agents - A promising treatment option?

Unread post by Dryed »

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/revers ... ption/3216

I invite everyone to take a read about how much step forward in knowledge are on propeciahelp and how much we can learn from them as we probably share the same etiology with pfs... And it's not only my statement
To pathei mathos
Snake

Re: Reversing silenced AR signal with demethylating agents - A promising treatment option?

Unread post by Snake »

Dryed wrote:https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/revers ... ption/3216

I invite everyone to take a read about how much step forward in knowledge are on propeciahelp and how much we can learn from them as we probably share the same etiology with pfs... And it's not only my statement
We were talking about it in the past too when we discovered that study concerning epigenetic changes caused by citalopram.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Dryed

Re: Reversing silenced AR signal with demethylating agents - A promising treatment option?

Unread post by Dryed »

Ops.. Sorry! Sometimes is hard to takes track of everything
To pathei mathos
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

ive been on valproate + hydralazine for a month(logged on the oher forum too)
google pubmed for this combo, its being used in place of decitabine/azacytidine for demethylating cancer

+tenofovir(NRTI)

this should be all i needed for my genes to reset right??

also shot triptorelin few weeks ago to keep the hormones stable
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

PsychoGenesis wrote:this should be all i needed for my genes to reset right??
Probably not.

Comparison of biological effects of non-nucleoside DNA methylation inhibitors versus 5-aza-2′-deoxycytidine
Previous studies have shown that EGCG, hydralazine, and procainamide are able to reduce DNA methylation and reactivate gene expression in cancer cells (15–21). We examined a total of six different genes/repetitive elements in three separate cell lines for their DNA methylation levels using quantitative Ms-SNuPE and pyrosequencing, and their mRNA expression levels by real-time reverse transcription-PCR and reverse transcription-PCR. Both the Ms-SNuPE and pyrosequencing results show that only the nucleoside analogue 5-Aza-CdR can very reliably reduce methylation in all three cell lines. All three non-nucleoside agents have much weaker, if any, demethylating activities, with procainamide being the only agent able to reduce DNA methylation of LINE elements in T24 cells.
In addition, we examined global methylation level changes with LINE and Alu repetitive elements and did not observe methylation inhibition from the non-nucleoside agents.
Taken together, our results do not support the idea that the three non-nucleoside agents tested are likely to be effective as epigenetic therapies with clinical or preventative actions.
http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/4/10/1515.long
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(