Post drug syndrome survey (IMPORTANT!!)

Topics related to activism.
Dubya_B

Re: Post drug syndrome survey (IMPORTANT!!)

Unread post by Dubya_B »

A post by Borax, a PSSD patient on the propeciahelp forum, that really drives home the point of taking the symptoms survey:
borax

A year ago, axolotl and awor sat together and began working on multiple projects that were designed with the purpose of getting us out of this mess in mind. One of these projects was the survey, and after months of hard work it is finally here. But the kicker is that there are a significant number of active members that are a part of this community that haven’t taken part in it. If we don’t try to help ourselves by doing something so easy, how can we expect to drive the issue forward? I don’t think most here realize how empowering this could be for us. If we had a couple hundred patients data in an organized form, describing their symptoms and stories, it would be a lot more powerful than it is in it’s current form. Also, scientists would be a lot more interested in the outcome as it would be standardized data and validated scales used in medical research.

I urge everyone reading this to both take the survey, and reach out to everyone else in the community to take part in it as well. Try to reach out to at least two of your friends that you’re in contact with here and get them to do it as well. It costs us an hour of our time and it’s one of many things we can do to be happy again. I’m turning 20 this week and I’d like to celebrate my 21st birthday feeling like we’ve advanced this issue and are making progress. It’s sad that although individually I am doing better than I was this time last year, as a group we’re still in the same place. Let’s keep things moving.
There are only 12 PSSD patients who have completed the survey so far, and ideally 50 would provide the statistical power to get a clear picture of what PSSD constitutes.

There aren't a ton of total members on this forum because it is relatively young, yet it is very active. If everyone who has posted here in the last few weeks took an hour (realisticly) to complete the survey, I believe the goal of 50 PSSD participants would be met.
lw77

Unread post by lw77 »

guys, it's very important that you do the survey on propeciahelp. It is not possible that it was only made by 12 people with PSSD, on this forum there will be 1000. At the moment, along with the test 23 and me proposed by Ghost are the only realities initiatives we have. Isn't PSSD so important for you to spend time taking part in an initiative of the utmost importance to our problem? It is the only way to present our problems in a structured way. This could be a starting point. It is essential to participate.
ac3c

Unread post by ac3c »

The survey looks great, once we have enough people scientists will take our condition seriously and want to research PSSD. Then hopefully we can find a treatment and get better.
ac3c

Unread post by ac3c »

Please take part in the study it’s very important for all of us.
afx

Unread post by afx »

People, please do Your survey participation - it is a service to the PSSD + PFS/PAS community that each single sufferer should do, so please do Your duty

How?
1. Register at forum.propeciahelp.com

Recent change for step 2
2. Open Member Stories and click +New Topic and post You member story (for example You can paste Your existing Intro post from this forum). After posting, Your Survey will unlock soon

P.S. - Lets instead of selfishly not giving a slightest shit unless it is right here right now only about my case or only about my improving directly - do something positive for not only me but for every sufferer and our future of moving scientifically forward in general

Thanks that You do care
ac3c

Unread post by ac3c »

Please take part in the study it’s very important, thanks.