Licorice root/kudzu root

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Numbed

Re: Licorice root/kudzu root

Unread post by Numbed »

Bigmum wrote:I m trying licorice at weekends, 3 x 400 mg daily (inspired by champster post from swolesource)
I ve noticed ache in balls and weaknes half hour after every dose .
From what i've read thats a too high dose... not to mention according to examine.com everything over 400 or 500mg (cant remember which) is very supressive on testosterone levels, do your research man... wtf is swolesource, sounds some roidhead forum, cant take those guys serious, come on...
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

As for me their stories are fine....nothing wrong with them IMO
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Serabies

Unread post by Serabies »

One thing to keep in mind with Licorice root is that it is strongly enterohepatically re-circulated. This means your body can only remove a very small amount of it with each pass through the liver, where it goes into bile salts, enters your small intestine, and is reabsorbed, when you eat fat. Any licorce root you take stays in your system for months to years.

Google for enterohepatic circulation and licorcice and read the toxicity and overdose case studies. Be careful with dosing, don't take it for too long, and take plenty of potassium (if you get anxiety or insomnia while on it, this is why. It causes significant deficiency). Take powdered potassium 500-1000mg to counter it. Capsules don't come in useful doses.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I ll take it only next weekend and maybe another one
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
expendable

Unread post by expendable »

I took 1 pill (whatever) of licorice root and 1 pill of kudzu root on sunday morning. I also took one pill of licorice on monday morning. I also did nofap from Sunday. On wednesday, yesterday, I was 95% recovered. I still am today. I expect it to go away like it did with the saw palmetto, once it does I'm trying ella like I mentioned in the other thread.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Mate you know saw palmetto can cause PFS, right? Stay away from that stuff.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

I have been pretty absent as of late on the boards because I realized I was obsessing. It helped with depression to take a break but sure enough, my ding-dong still don't work.
Anyway, We are pretty much sure at this point that estrogen definitely helps PSSD, correct? Hence Kudzu and licorice root improving symptoms? I wonder how lost_soul is doing these days. He's the only person on here that I know of that did a significant estrogen trial. Maybe the improvements stuck?
expendable

Unread post by expendable »

Ghost wrote:Mate you know saw palmetto can cause PFS, right? Stay away from that stuff.
Don't worry Ghost, I won't be taking any more. I don't have any symptoms of PFS so I lucked out I guess. I did only take 2 capsules of SP (then again, I only took 2 paxil, lol)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

It's interesting that SP had an impact though. It's gotta be kinda related.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
popike27

Unread post by popike27 »

I remember I had complete but temporary recovery after consumption of licorice root but I couldn't take it for more than a few days because it caused very strong anxiety and heart problems.
Any advice how to avoid these side effects?