GoFundMe for PSSD

Topics related to activism.
rk1234

GoFundMe for PSSD

Unread post by rk1234 »

Do any of you think it would be worthwhile to raise awareness and funds for research via a crowdsourcing website? I noticed that RXISK is trying to raise money as a prize for a treatment solution, however it seems as if the donation page is somewhat hidden. If we could raise more awareness and make it easier to donate it may be easier to gain support.
Numbtomind 2

Re: GoFundMe for PSSD

Unread post by Numbtomind 2 »

Great idea let's spread the awareness and raise money for a good cause
75mg Clomipramine. june-july 2018
(Anxiety/Ocd)

Current symtoms I'm experiencing.
Emotional numbness, Pleasurless activities, Complete sexual system shutdown.
marsupial

Unread post by marsupial »

When we collect money to keep these pages running every year, there is always just a few people who are willing to donate abouot 10$ or so. Others are just taking advantage of it and let this few people to pay for them. Therfore collect money for some serious research or awarness can be just a wish
sulawesi

Unread post by sulawesi »

I think it's a good idea to collect money finally. But shouldn't we define a goal that we collect for first?
Would it make sense to try to find out if the reason for PSSD is a mutation in our exomes - so we should do exome sequencing? Or should we collect money for tests with animals?
what kind of study would make the most sense and what would it cost us?
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

I feel bad that I have never contributed when this forum has helped me so much. Money is tight for me but rather than a one off payment I’d definitely consider a monthly direct debit. Ghost - can this be organised or is it a headache? Would other people be interested in donating this way?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I can help with collecting money if people want. I already have some donations from my site - about $500. That's dedicated to the genomes and the site running but at some point I could start a new fund too.

We're gonna need A LOT more money if we want scientists though.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
lw77

Unread post by lw77 »

How does GoFundMe works specifically?, i have only a generic idea. Do any of you think it can help, and most important, don't we risk to be censored by the social media because of the economic interests at stake?
Lw