AnhedonicApe - Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Meso

Re: AnhedonicApe - Intro

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Do you really think upping my gaba more will cure the anhedonia? I didn't know there is a relation between these two. The iboga is known that it can cause paranoia for a while after taking it, that's why i thought i reacted so strongly to the weed and psycilobin, not gaba perse, but you never know.
The hedonistic response depends on 4 mechanisms:
1- Mu opioid-mediated dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens' core. This is opposed by kappa opioid-mediated inhibition of dopamine release. (Kappa is opposite to mu).

2- Serotonin phasic firing in the nucleus accumbens core.

3- Dopamine phasic firing in cortico-mesolimbic pathway. More involved with the nucleus accumbens' shell (music, movement).

4- GABA and glutamate firing balance, controlling phasic and tonic release of glutamate. Alongside secondary systems controlling dopamine such as the oxytocin/vasopressin system.

If any of the above are imbalanced, you get anhedonia. Too much GABA? anhedonia. Too much glutamate? anhedonia. Too much tonic dopamine versus phasic? anhedonia. Too much tonic serotonin firing (SSRIs, etc)? anhedonia. Too little oxytocin? anhedonia. Too much kappa:mu? anhedonia.

Depending on the system involved, you end up with either consummatory or anticipatory anhedonia. I think anhedonia is easier to fix than blunted affect. Have hope, man. You will get to the bottom of this.
AnhedonicApe wrote:Also, i see people theorize Allopregnanolone can be one of the reasons people have pssd?
It depends on the balance between glutamate and GABA. It's becoming obvious to me that you have GABA deficiency type of PSSD.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Ok it's getting a little more clear. How does stress come in to play here. When I have more stress, I get more feeling. Does this have anything to do with gaba? Before the ibogaine experience i was less ''anxious'' and i could smoke weed etc. Before taking ssris i was way more anxious, this just left. I do remember in the first months of withdrawal i shifted between very anxious and not sleeping to complete anhedonia where i could sleep. at a certain point i remained in the anhedonic state. The keto diet reduced stress but this also made me not have any stress induced windows anymore. If gaba is the problem and keto raises gaba, but after keto i have no windows, how does this come in to play?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Ok it's getting a little more clear. How does stress come in to play here. When I have more stress, I get more feeling. Does this have anything to do with gaba? Before the ibogaine experience i was less ''anxious'' and i could smoke weed etc. Before taking ssris i was way more anxious, this just left. I do remember in the first months of withdrawal i shifted between very anxious and not sleeping to complete anhedonia where i could sleep. at a certain point i remained in the anhedonic state. The keto diet reduced stress but this also made me not have any stress induced windows anymore. If gaba is the problem and keto raises gaba, but after keto i have no windows, how does this come in to play?
Both your GABA and glutamate are low. When you are stressed out, cortisol-mediated glutamate release gives you a window. But your GABA is still too low that you can't tolerate psychedelics or cannabis currently.

This is why I recommended Taurine, since it's both a glycine agonist and a GABA enhancer. I think the key to your anhedonia is finding the perfect balance between your GABA and glutamate. Allopregnanolone could be an overkill (on top of keto), so start with Taurine and experiment with various dosing and see how you feel.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
AnhedonicApe

Allright man, i will try this for now, thank you
AnhedonicApe

Btw should i still try the psycilobin, when i feel calmer due to the taurine f it works. This to up my glutamate against the anhedonia? Or does the taurine in itself give relief?
AnhedonicApe

I have been thinking about what you said about the gaba imbalance and it makes a lot of sense. It's also a given fact that the majority of people who have pssd had an anxiety/ocd problem before taking ssri, less depressed people. Maybe some of us are predisposed because of our already lowish gaba levels? I remember when i used to smoke a cigarette before ssris the nicotine rush would make me feel very anxious/depressed/shitty. Like if i had just taken drugs. I always used to react very strongly anxious to drugs. This all would not happen when i had drunk some booze. I would always be the one having the bad trip. I remember when smoking weed in my teen years i would get racing heart and feel very anxious, where my peers wouldn't. I don't know how this all comes in to play but it may be why anxious people seem to get pssd more often? Already not so balanced gaba, making it even lower with ssri? At least in my case it seems to correlate the most.
AnhedonicApe

Still very anhedonic and depressed. I just want to give up. I don't want to fight this anymore, i just don't have the energy anymore. I lay in bed all day everyday since i got pssd, no motivation to do anything. Don't go out and socialize anymore because it gives me nothing, I just lay in bed all day. I just have zero energy to look for solutions anymore.
afx

Unread post by afx »

Thats the worse thing to do - to lay in bed all day. Ive been like that too. Try to force Yourself for at least a long walk outside everyday - after few times You will start to like it and believe me that You will feel better. It will give You energy back and boost motovation. Its also beneficial in different ways and after that You may start some active sport - could change things for You. Only the few first steps are hard - after that it is not
AnhedonicApe

Man, i tried. The first year of pssd i tried excersising walking all day all that crap. Didn't bring me anything. I can not bring up the motivation anymore. I feel like an empty battery.
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Man, i tried. The first year of pssd i tried excersising walking all day all that crap. Didn't bring me anything. I can not bring up the motivation anymore. I feel like an empty battery.
Welcome to the dark side. I realised it way earlier and have been staying home for over two years now. We all float down here. You'll float too. :lol:
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(