AnhedonicApe - Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
AnhedonicApe

Re: AnhedonicApe - Intro

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Mesolimbo wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:Why would cyproheptadine be a bad option for me? Ordered it yesterday thats why i ask. And i have heard more about addyi, but also about it worsening the condition. The Psychedelics i may do in time but just want a little break from that. What is ur opinion on whati should focus on, what do you think is my ''imbalance''. My main symptom that is bothering me is the extreme anhedonia combined with the no libido.
You are suffering mainly from tonic and phasic dopaminergic dysfunction, caused by SSRI-induced glutamatergic dysfunction through desensitizing several 5HT receptors as well as blunting the HPA-axis through upregulating GR. Microdosing psychedelics would be very beneficial for this, so you are on the right track.

If you want a boost in libido, look into Rasagiline. For anhedonia, I believe low dose amphetamine salt would be beneficial (Adderall), but I also think that long-term microdosing psychedelics can reverse it without needing amphetamine.

Cyproheptadine is bad because it's a potential CRF antagonist, dopamine antagonist and anticholinergic.
Allright, i will buy psycolybin and microdose it. Microdosing can ref up anxiety in my case though so it will be hard. Why is it that in your case cypro is usefull? Also, will the microdosing of psycolibin help against the anhedonia? I am kind of reluctant to take low dose amphetamines tbh, thats why i ask.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Allright, i will buy psycolybin and microdose it. Microdosing can ref up anxiety in my case though so it will be hard. Why is it that in your case cypro is usefull? Also, will the microdosing of psycolibin help against the anhedonia? I am kind of reluctant to take low dose amphetamines tbh, thats why i ask.
If you are reluctant to try these agents due to the increase in anxiety, I recommend Baclofen instead. It should improve anhedonia and libido while also being anxiolytic. Baclofen causes a glutamatergic and dopaminergic rebound, whilst also increasing oxytocin and beta-endorphin release through indirect presynaptic 5HT1A inhibition. It also disinhibits ACTH and GnRH. Baclofen, in my opinion, is one of the most useful agents for PSSD symptoms, next to Flibanserin.

Cyproheptadine helps in my case because I'm already on a dopaminergic and a cholinergic agents. So, the dopamine and muscarinic receptors antagonism from Cypro is minimized.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
AnhedonicApe

Mesolimbo wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:Allright, i will buy psycolybin and microdose it. Microdosing can ref up anxiety in my case though so it will be hard. Why is it that in your case cypro is usefull? Also, will the microdosing of psycolibin help against the anhedonia? I am kind of reluctant to take low dose amphetamines tbh, thats why i ask.
If you are reluctant to try these agents due to the increase in anxiety, I recommend Baclofen instead. It should improve anhedonia and libido while also being anxiolytic. Baclofen causes a glutamatergic and dopaminergic rebound, whilst also increasing oxytocin and beta-endorphin release through indirect presynaptic 5HT1A inhibition. It also disinhibits ACTH and GnRH. Baclofen, in my opinion, is one of the most useful agents for PSSD symptoms, next to Flibanserin.

Cyproheptadine helps in my case because I'm already on a dopaminergic and a cholinergic agents. So, the dopamine and muscarinic receptors antagonism from Cypro is minimized.
I will try the the psycolibin first. Just on it's own to see what it will do. If that doesn't work or do enough i will try the baclofen. Is it ok if I contact you again about the combo you now use, including the dopaminergic and cholinergic agents,if all doesn't work. I am quite hopeless and same as you said in your thread, life is not worth living with the total emotionall bluntness. I hope you will keep hanging around on the forum, because you are the first person who seems to know what he really is talking about.
AnhedonicApe

Btw, Keto raises GABA but therefore also decreases glutamate. I have no obsessive symptoms anymore since keto but when i think about it i also havent had a window since keto . Maybe i should increase my carbohydrate intake?? I have done keto for 6 months now and it has helped tons with curing insomnia. but when i now think about it it also might be that my pssd symptoms worsened since then. I am very reluctant to quitting keto though, has helped cure my lifelong ocd.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Btw, Keto raises GABA but therefore also decreases glutamate. I have no obsessive symptoms anymore since keto but when i think about it i also havent had a window since keto . Maybe i should increase my carbohydrate intake?? I have done keto for 6 months now and it has helped tons with curing insomnia. but when i now think about it it also might be that my pssd symptoms worsened since then. I am very reluctant to quitting keto though, has helped cure my lifelong ocd.
You don't need to quit the keto diet. There are other ways to address healthy glutamate release. I think low dose psychedelics is one of them. Nicotine vaping could be another way, but it has its own negative effects on health.
AnhedonicApe

Yes i will try out psycilobin soon. Baclofen i am a little hesisitant because its quite a heavy substance. Heard about having similair withdrawals as benzos. Will you be around the forums for the upcoming time? I am trying the psycilobin end may.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Yes i will try out psycilobin soon. Baclofen i am a little hesisitant because its quite a heavy substance. Heard about having similair withdrawals as benzos. Will you be around the forums for the upcoming time? I am trying the psycilobin end may.
Yeah, I will be around. I may take a short hiatus soon since I'm getting a job at another pharmacy and they requires certain courses and certificates, so I'll be busy getting those. But I'll check here from time to time.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

How would you put your argument in such a way that a doctor would actually prescribe something like Baclofen? This is very much off label usage and in my experience that requires a pretty strong case.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

DrugsAreBad wrote:How would you put your argument in such a way that a doctor would actually prescribe something like Baclofen? This is very much off label usage and in my experience that requires a pretty strong case.
Anything used for PSSD is off-label. It's an unknown condition, as such we can only hypothesize of what could have gone wrong and what could work for a relief. It's all trial-and-error. And doctors don't like trial-and-error.
AnhedonicApe

DrugsAreBad wrote:How would you put your argument in such a way that a doctor would actually prescribe something like Baclofen? This is very much off label usage and in my experience that requires a pretty strong case.
I am lucky enough to live in Holland and have a doctor as a mom, so both drugs and meds are available to me. Can't you look up what the med u want is used for and fake that u have those symptoms? Only in extreme cases ofcourse, if really desperate.