No
21%

Total votes: 14
scripy3

Social Isolation - Poll

Unread post by scripy3 »

Hi,

Are you social isolated since PSSD? Please be honest
Last edited by scripy3 on Thu May 02, 2019 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
scripy3

Re: Social Isolation

Unread post by scripy3 »

please. need some data here
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

Tbh, I'm going out/spending more time with my friends than pre-pssd.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

Socially isolating yourself is a choice.

Does sexual issues prevent you from going out with friends? nope
Does not being able to feel excitement in things you used to keep you from physically being around people? nope
Does not feeling the same enjoyment in activities you used to stop you from doing them? nope

PSSD doesn't prevent you from being social.. you prevent it. Sure there is things I have to adjust.. not as talkative as before, not a jokester as before, forget words I that I want to use sometimes, have to learn to fake a smile at appropriate times. That is all it is.. adjustments. Whats the alternative? Lock yourself away from the world so can whine how PSSD destroyed everything in your life? That is going to solve things. You can either fight or give the fuck up. The choice you make says everything about you. I went thru the crying/whining stages too. Eventually I realized I was the one letting PSSD define who I was... not the rest of the world.. me! I made the decision that PSSD did prevent me from doing certain things; but that is as far as Im letting it go. Ill be damned if Im letting it control everything in my life.

Another way to look at it is.. what gives you the right to hold back and isolate others that care for you? Yes, Im lucky I found moonwife. Now I don't get the butterflies in my stomach that comes with love, I don't get that rush of excitement when we kiss, I don't expereince many other things I associate with love. Logically I do know I love her. I know before I had PSSD Id be jumping for joy to have found her. Theres many things that tells me without a doubt I love her; more importantly I know shes in love with me. Is that the way to repay that love? Cutting her off from the rest of the world with me?
barbaar

Unread post by barbaar »

It's actually easier for me to hang out with friends now without constant social anxiety. I can't fully enjoy it obviously with anhedonia etc. but I'm definitely not isolated.
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

I'm not isolated, but undoubtedly less outgoing and social, as if I have less the urge to be around people.
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

been_too_long wrote:Socially isolating yourself is a choice.

Does not being able to feel excitement in things you used to keep you from physically being around people? nope
Does not feeling the same enjoyment in activities you used to stop you from doing them? nope

PSSD doesn't prevent you from being social.. you prevent it. Sure there is things I have to adjust.. not as talkative as before, not a jokester as before, forget words I that I want to use sometimes, have to learn to fake a smile at appropriate times. That is all it is.. adjustments. Whats the alternative? Lock yourself away from the world so can whine how PSSD destroyed everything in your life? That is going to solve things. You can either fight or give the fuck up. The choice you make says everything about you. I went thru the crying/whining stages too. Eventually I realized I was the one letting PSSD define who I was... not the rest of the world.. me! I made the decision that PSSD did prevent me from doing certain things; but that is as far as Im letting it go. Ill be damned if Im letting it control everything in my life.

Another way to look at it is.. what gives you the right to hold back and isolate others that care for you? Yes, Im lucky I found moonwife. Now I don't get the butterflies in my stomach that comes with love, I don't get that rush of excitement when we kiss, I don't expereince many other things I associate with love. Logically I do know I love her. I know before I had PSSD Id be jumping for joy to have found her. Theres many things that tells me without a doubt I love her; more importantly I know shes in love with me. Is that the way to repay that love? Cutting her off from the rest of the world with me?

Well said. Life is tough, and mental illness and sexual dysfunction make it even tougher, but there really is no other choice besides moving forward and keeping your head up. Wallowing in pity will make you even if more miserable.

OP - you aren't alone in this battle. There are a shit ton of people on this forum and undoubtedly many more that have been fucked up by pharmaceuticals.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
scripy3

Unread post by scripy3 »

been_too_long wrote:Socially isolating yourself is a choice.

This is very good post. Thank you
AnhedonicApe

Re: Social Isolation - Poll

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Yes. With the anhedonia there is no fun in conversations anymore. This also makes me feel incredibly awkward because i don't know what to say to people. I am not interested in conversation anymore. I was incredibly social. this for me has been the worst part of the whole pssd thing, not the sexual stuff, but the social incapability i got from it.
Delfador

Re: Social Isolation - Poll

Unread post by Delfador »

I think I'm more social than pre-pssd but it might just be part of maturing